Yes, you read that right. The Zwissler's all got a nap today. We were to bed real late last night because of Ocktoberfest at church then were up at 5:30 am to get ready and then pick up the donuts by 6:30 am. Oh man was it tough to wake up! We got the donuts to church and set up and then I had to leave for orchestra. I kept closing my eyes during the sermon and almost fell asleep several times. Not altogether sure how I managed to stay awake, but I did. It was a guest pastor and he really had a great sermon, can you imagine if it hadn't of been good? I'd have been drooling with my head on my music stand for sure. Thankfully that did not happen and I kept my dignity.
I then returned to my church to help finish with coffee/donuts and we went to lunch with Kevin and Jen and all our kids to a little pizza place. It was very nice! Our girls were close to meltdown from being so tired still, but they made it. We got home around 2 pm and all set out to nap. Every one of us was ready, willing and had no trouble falling asleep. Dave in his recliner, Libbi and I on the sectional couch and Abbi in her room. 3 hours after I closed my eyes, I was awakened and we got ready to go to church for a meeting. It is tough for me to think my girls were still tired and they went to bed without any hitches or complaining! Of course we have the next two days off school, so that helped.
I learned tonight that my 20 year high school class reunion is Sept 18-19 next year. I went ahead and signed up to go. I will make it work out somehow, since a trip 500 miles away is not something typical while we are in school. SO strange to think it has been that long!
:)
I am going to haul rear and get to bed. I am still tired and I want to enjoy the next few days with my girls and not sleep the days away.
No comments:
Post a Comment