Oh but such a happy, busy time! Conferences are over, most of my grades are in the computer at school and the last dress rehearsal for my huge concert tomorrow night was tonight.
Let me tell you, I despise parent conferences, dislike them with a passion. But, was required to schedule 3 of them at minimum. So, I sat in with 4 of the parents of students I deemed the worst of all mine and while it wasn't too bad, it is not something I think I could even grow to like. It is something I rather enjoy about being a music teacher, I can lay off the nonstop contact with parents. With band I was always talking to parents, but this year I am happy to report I have returned to the life of having 500 kids and only a handful that have issues. I used to get between 50-100 emails a day when I taught band....it was never-ending! It is hard sitting and looking at the parents and telling them in nice terms that their kid is just not able to follow rules, or whatnot. One parent this evening was a bit mean to me and said that I was wrong for not allowing students a chance to raise up conduct grades that have been lowered. She obviously forgot the paperwork that I (along with all the other art, music, PE teachers) sent home that explained my policies (which are the policies the school has agreed upon for the specialists to follow). She signed this paper and returned it to me. Her child is ADHD and she is a single mother as I have learned....her boys are both problems (not huge problems, but like to talk and not stop when asked, and so forth). I must say I really did find it nice to get to meet the parents and learn more of the behind the scenes stuff that I rarely get to about the kids since I see them just once a week. I explained to the one parent about the grading and told her that if she felt it was unfair, she could speak to the principal.
I actually then went to another conference with this parent just 15 minutes later for her other son, and it was a much better one.
One of my others was with this child that has so many issues, and from the sounds of things, they were considering putting him in special ed. Well, sounds like whatever they are doing is working and he will stay where he is. His behavior is improving but still beyond annoying and disruptive. This mom was extremely helpful to us and we all had a nice conversation on how to move ahead.
I am very glad that is over though, for now. We'll have another in Feb or March I think.
So, the school fed us dinner, yumm! When we were allowed to leave, I jetted out and wasn't too late to my dress rehearsal. The music is just lovely, but I talked all about that before. I will have to get my performance attire ready this evening and take it all to school with me tomorrow. Suppose I should find my make-up too and do my face up too. Next week will be so strange to come home form school most days since this week I have not at all. Well, stranger yet will be the fact that I have Monday and Tuesday off!
I paid $3.05 for gas last night.....AMAZING! I was quite shocked, but in such a nice way! Now, I bet it dips below three bucks soon! I can only hope!
My van is not starting very well, but runs just fine when it finally starts. I will take it to the dealer shop on Monday, if it can just keep starting for me. Dave said maybe it needs a new air filter. It is still under warranty. I thought it might be the battery, but Dave said nope.
Not much else to say. Headed to bed soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment