Tuesday, October 14, 2008

NOOOOOOO....fall break is over

I have had an awesome fall break with my girls. Seems like forever since I stepped foot in my classroom. At least my Wednesdays are easy days so I will not have to jump right back in. I decided not to do any schoolwork over break. Oh, I brought some home, but I did not do it. It can wait.

Today was good! The girls woke at 4 am. Not sure why I woke up but I heard one of them flush the toilet upstairs (amazing since they usually forget) and then I heard some talking. I told them if they did not go back to sleep they would lose their tvs. Considering they just got them back, they did not want to lose them. So, they went right back to sleep. They slept until 9 am!!!! WHOO HOO. That meant I did too.

We headed to the mall for my haircut at noon. I just love my hairdresser! She is awesome. I asked her to shorten my hair just a little. She did, then asked if she could straighten it and I said yes. It looks GREAT! The girls were with me. I am no longer scared to take them with me to do everyday tasks. I lucked out today that the chairs on both side of my hairdresser's spot were open and she set each girl up in their own chair and counter and they were happy as anything! What a relief! After the hair was done, we went to lunch, again they were behaved well! I ran a few other little errands then we came home. Do I REALLY have to sleep on my hair tonight?

Once we got home, I saw it was 83 degrees in the house and it was hot. So, I shut all the windows and turned the ac on. It is supposed to rain the next few days anyways, so I went as long as I could with fresh air. The girls went to a neighbors then came home saying they were going to run through the sprinkler with Tommy and Lindsey. So, they went to find their swimsuits and I grabbed a chair to go sit with Jennifer. The girls had a blast playing and I had a nice visit too! I'd made the decision to just have sandwiches for dinner, which was fine by everyone. I even got a brilliant idea of going ahead and making the girls lunches for the rest of the week for school. With Dave being gone it just takes so much more time for me to get everything done. He leaves tomorrow morning and will return Friday afternoon.

I tried going outside for a little bit after dinner, but the mosquitoes were horrid! I even put bug spray on and that did no good. The little annoyances still bit. SO, I will no longer be going outside after 6 pm. It was awful. I could see them just flying around. We were lucky to have a summer of not many of them, but now they are everywhere. Probably because of all the rain we had the past few weeks.

:)

No comments: