Thursday, October 16, 2008

BRRRRR!

It was about 70 degrees when I went to bed last night, and when I woke up it was 60. By the time I got to work it was 56, where it stayed all day (though is dropping now). BRRR. I am cold.

I am sitting here watching ER, and crying my eyes out. I am such a sap. I so needed a good cry. I am still crying. I used to cry a lot more....couldn't tell you the last time I cried, looks like it was time for one hehe.

It is over now, tears are subsiding.

Girls are asleep in bed. This evening we had to go to my school for the annual auction. The girls and I worked the popcorn machine. They were behaved perfectly!

My Abbi is so kind hearted! She kept kissing me, holding my hand, and basically wanting close mommy time. Every day, she slips closer to being "too old" to allow me to do those things. Just last night she said that when she is 10 she would call me Mom instead of Mommy. I told her she could always call me Mommy. She wasn't rude at all, just matter of fact and explaining to Libbi her opinion of how that Mommy title works. She will forever be my little girl, my firstborn and the one who is a clone of me and of my mannerisms. She too cries at the drop of a hat (when warranted, not usually for no reason). Same knobby knees, tall skinny fair haired and faced girl. Same stick straight hair I had her age. Loves reading books and is falling in love with horses.

My Libbi is starting to blossom! She is reading and knows most of her letters. Everything she looks at word-wise anywhere she is spelling the letters she sees out loud. She cannot have too much going on at once or it overwhelms her and sends her into meltdown mode. She's feisty, yet so kind. My girls who once worried me her hair would never grow, she now has longer hair than any of us. So beautiful too! Tomorrow, she has to dress like a cowgirl. Turns out she skipped to size 6x jeans, and looks like I may have to do more pants shopping for the girls! So, she has these cool patchwork jeans, pink cowboy boots, a cute pink plaid shirt and a cowboy hat.

Tears are all dry now.

I have not had dinner. It is 10 pm and I am hungry. I am cold too and a bubble bath sounds great. Dave will be home tomorrow afternoon. We have missed him so much.

My cat has been like a leech today. He has begged for attention, played with me or laid with me this morning and since I got home tonight. He must be cold hehe. Love this cat, he has such a cool personality!

Enough......later.

No comments: