I have a very sore throat and a sniffle developing. I despise being sick, especially when it seems to be sinus related. BIG GRR! And of course with Halloween tomorrow the students at school are just a wee tad bit excited and it is harder for them to concentrate and be quiet. That translates into me needing to use my voice more, which in turn means my throat hurts more. Feels like someone scratched it will nails, well, maybe not THAT bad, but is no walk in the park.
I stopped on the way home from work for gas, and I paid $2.05 per gallon! I can't tell you how long it has been since I paid that. I filled my car up with about $35 (it had about 2 gallons left), such a nice and welcome change from the close to 70 bucks I was paying this summer and early this fall.
When I got home, the girls were running around outside (was too nice for them to be cooped up inside, and once the time changes this weekend, it will be dark around 5 pm, so our outside time at home is almost over for during the week). I changed clothes and set about to weeding my front landscaping, and boy did it need it! The bugs and spiders were killed off by the freezes we had, so I felt comfortable setting to work on everything (I despise spiders and bugs). I got most of the weeds out and it looks good. Dave got to work on cleaning the windows in our vehicles.
The leaves are changing color in the shorter trees. The taller ones are starting to show color as well, instead of just being a dingy dark green. Next week should be really pretty. Have I told you how much I love this season?? Let me tell you again, I LOVE FALL! So, I suggested to Dave that we build a fire in the fire pit after the girls went to bed, and drag a blanket out there. Who knew we were out of wood?!?! Oh well, it was a good idea. And since I may just have a fever it is probably really good we did not have any. A hot bath and my warm bed with blankets is calling my name instead. I pray to God above to not allow me to be miserable Saturday when I have the entire day to spend with my baby girl! Daddy and Abbi will leave for camp about 6 am Saturday and not be back until Sunday early afternoon. Libbi and I will have a fun day, not sure what we will do, but I will make it special.
The more I type, the worse I am feeling, I think I should sign out and get on in the tub then to bed. I do not want to miss school tomorrow, with it being Halloween, the last distraction the kids need on top of it being a special holiday and a party day is a substitute. You can tell I love my job this year since I am not coming up with excuses to miss days.
Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment