Monday, October 27, 2008

BRRRR

Only 9 pm and it is already 36 degrees...BRRR! Temps are falling fast and we are under a freeze warning. It was cold this morning and afternoon at bus duty, and that is at 40 degrees this morning and a high of 53. Tomorrow will be no warmer, and in fact a lot colder in the morning! Sure pays off that I know where our gloves are! Before I go to bed I will be sure to get them ready for us.

I am taking a half day off work tomorrow so that my van can go to the shop for repair. I don't know what is wrong with it, but everything is most likely connected (electric sliding doors sometimes stop working, the brake light comes on randomly, the VSA light comes on, it is tough to start the van if it has been sitting awhile, etc.). When I called today, they set me to come in at their earliest opening, with plenty of time left in the day...so I will leave work at 12:15 and get it to the dealer by 1 pm. The van is still under warranty, that's a good thing!

Work went well again today, none of my students had to sign the conduct book, which means it went great! Amazing that I am really getting to know many of the student's names. I started working with the 2nd grade today on their Dec. program music. They will be doing a mini musical. Kinda cheesy, but simple and the parents will love it! The rest of the classes are working on Halloween music.....either a drumming unit to Adams Family music or songs for Halloween.

My own girls had good days at school. I picked them up to take them to dance company practice, and at the studio while waiting for their class to start, they had meltdowns. Over something so dumb. They refused to share these Lego's that are in the waiting area, and were fighting. I solved the problem by taking all the Lego's away and oh they turned into whiny little girls. Libbi was crying. Thankfully though, once class started, all was perfect. I was shocked at how well Libbi is picking up the Rudolf dance...WOW! Last week I could tell she was frustrated a bit, turning the wrong way and such. But this week she was fine! They started working on the Frosty dance and I was completely floored! Abbi remembered the entire dance from last year and Libbi danced it like she knew it too. Considering she had never done the dance, I was stunned haha. Then we came home....Dave had to leave to go to a meeting and I got the girls dinner. Libbi had another meltdown in the van right when getting home, she did not want to being her dance and school bags in. Well...we all had our own bags and she was just being super cranky. She started crying and just would not listen to reason, so we went inside and left her out there to get herself and her things out. She knows the light turns itself off after a short amount of time, but refused to heed the warning that it would happen. So, imagine the squeals and tears when that light went off and she was in the dark. At that point I went back out and got her inside. Took her 10 minutes to change clothes and all the while she was so whiny. Once she got dinner, all was fine. We sat and did homework, then got ready for bed and brushed teeth and went to bed. My girl was just so tired. I got them to bed as early as I was able to, around 8:10 pm.

I too am very tired tonight. It is 9:30 pm and Dave is headed home. The meeting was a ways away and he has to stop at the grocery on the way home, so it will be a bit before he is here. All is quiet, though I do have the tv on tonight. I turned the heat on because it was 63 degrees in the house, even though I set the thermostat on 65. I have noticed that below 64 is when I start to feel chilly.

Since I am starting to ramble, and yawn even more, I will call it a night.

No comments: