Monday, October 6, 2008

RAIN IS COMING.....hide!

It has been a good, long while since we had rain here, and some is on the way. Should be here sometime overnight and stay for 24 hours or more.

Ask how I know it has been awhile......ok, because I have bus duty at school, I know when it rains and when it is supposed to rain. I have to make sure to wear clothes that can get wet or muddy or dirty, because you never know what bus duty could bring. I have a huge umbrella and 2 pairs of crocs. My pink crocs stay in my filing cabinet at school, ready at all times.

I like rain, I wouldn't mind me a great, big storm! Oh please....just one.

For a Monday, it was pretty good. Made even better that once I left school I came home and have been home the whole evening. I no longer dread being home alone with the girls. Life is so much easier with them now. They go to bed fine, they eat fine, they do their homework fine, etc. It did not used to be this way, but it is now so does it really matter that it didn't used to be?? NOPE!!

I made spaghetti for dinner and the girls ate it. They love the stuff, well....it was made with Skyline Chili, so they really love that and I do too. And now that the girls are over, eating spaghetti is no longer the messiest thing in the world. BONUS that my girls can clean their own mouths, use a napkin properly and even keep it all in the bowl too.

After dinner, we cleaned up real fast, set the dishwasher on GO and ran outside to play in the little bit of remaining light. They ran around and played football with the neighbor kids and I just enjoyed watching them, even though the skeeters were biting and flying around. We came inside and they packed lunches and got showers and a snack. Then it was off to bed....so easy. I have laundry going and am catching up on things here. Dave is at a Knight's meeting and will be home in about 45 minutes.

My planning will officially begin for Thanksgiving dinner very soon. If you are reading this and plan on coming, please let me know. Dave plans on smoking a turkey and I will bake one. We will not deep fry one this year. I will make an apple pie and may try my hand at a different kind of pie this year too. Homemade mashed potatoes too.

I'll stop talking about food. I am not currently hungry, but you might be and I wouldn't want to have you drooling on your keyboard.

So, I am excited about the rain.

NIGHT!

No comments: