When my van started acting up a few weeks ago, I told Dave I felt it was the battery. He disagreed with me, and even gave me what sounded like a valid explanation as to why it probably couldn't be the battery. I still felt in my gut that it was the battery causing all the problems. But since I am just a girl and not car smart, I went with it.
I WAS RIGHT! My battery had very little juice left in it, was fairly amazing it went so long (few weeks). So, a new one was put in. The brake system had a leak in it, and air was making its way in, so they took care of that as well. 2 hours later I was on my way and I really could tell a difference in the way it started and ran. Isn't it strange how something happens so gradually we barely notice some of the changes being caused? The van has new life and I bet feels nice now!
As I sat at the dealer, I got an amazing amount of school work done. I had my laptop and they had wireless network so I dug in for the long haul. I had no idea how long I would be there. Frankly, I wasn't even concerned about asking since I had set myself up a little camp and made myself comfy. I could have stayed a few more hours, though I am glad I did not have too. My substitute was late in showing up so I had to leave school later than planned, but that was ok.
Tomorrow is my very easy day for teaching. I will get next week's lesson plans done. I have orchestra tomorrow night too.
I made dinner here at home, picked Abbi up from dance class, came home and then after dinner folded many baskets of laundry. Remember a few weeks ago I mentioned that Dave left an ink pen in the laundry of whites? Well, he suggested I use "goof off" on it to get it out. I thought why not...it worked getting paint out of my clothes. YEP....it came completely out. HOWEVER, using so much of it has made the house smell like the stuff and I think I am a bit high off it. Not a good high though, just a tickly nose and very open nose. Glad the girls are in bed! I have washed the laundry 3 times to make sure the smell is gone and the stuff washed out, just to be safe. I would have never thought it would have come out. I was ready to throw those clothes away. But I decided to give it a try. The worst that would happen would be it did not work and then I could ditch the socks and underwear and towels it ruined. NOPE...all will be well.
It got down to 28 degrees last night, I woke to frozen grass. At school, the kids getting off the bus kept saying it was snow haha. It is supposed to get a little colder tonight, but then warm up tomorrow to the low 60s.
The girls cleaned their rooms tonight. Abbi came down to study for her social studies test tomorrow. I can hardly believe some of the stuff she has to know. What the Supreme Court is, Congress, mayor, court, solution, constitution, etc. I am glad she has to know this but wow. She said they have not been going over this at school, we have worked with her on it every night since we saw the study sheet. I mean, in science they are working on habitats, that is much easier! They spend a lot of time on that at school and with worksheets. Well, I hope she does well. I am not convinced she is ready, even though she has studied as much as she could.
I am falling asleep here, so I am going to head on to a bath and bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment