Gas is $2.89 a gallon at the place by our house, which means the place we buy it at could very well be $2.70. I can hardly believe it! Too bad my van still has 2/3rds of a tank of gas.
Good day today! I slept in some (though girls were SUPER noisy this morning from 6 am on), Dave and I had some quality time, and I basically lounged around all morning. I needed that. I cleaned the kitchen some, worked on laundry and just enjoyed being home. I was at church from 2:30-10 pm manning our PC booth. I sold a few items, and it was a nice relaxing time.
Well, we were invited to join our friends for vacation next summer....to DISNEY! They get a great deal on a 5 bedroom condo ($400 for the entire week, so $200 each family) inside Disney as well as deeply discounted week long passes. Dave accepted their offer before talking to me, he knew what I would say. Wow, it is going to be such fun. Our kids love playing together and we love being together. Guess I'd better get booking more people to host PC shows so I can make some extra money to help cover this. Having a long time to work on saving for it is nice though.
We have to be up and out the door around 6 am tomorrow to pick the donuts up for church coffee/donuts. NOT looking forward to that at all, but at least I am home at a decent hour and well rested already. I am in the hearth room, with the windows open and NO TV on. Dave is already in bed (I'll explain in a bit). I LOVE the sounds of nature. We woke to the birds this morning. In the summer it is almost deathly quiet because of the heat. I forgot to type the other night (the day we got 4 inches of rain) that when I was driving home at 9 pm, it was still raining and there were frogs jumping all over the roads. Would not surprise me if I ran over a few!
Back to Dave. Dave, the girls and Kevin and Jennifer and their brood met me at church around 5 pm. They came to enjoy. The kids had fun running all over, while I held baby Blake in my booth and the men drank. I know Dave drank at least 7-9 beers, so did Kevin. They were "feeling" pretty happy and just enjoying themselves. They were playing with the kids and everybody was very happy. Naturally, us women folk drove home. As soon as we got home, Dave went to bed. I bet he sure feels this in the morning, and would serve him right too. I had diet coke, that's enough for me.
My house is dark, girls are asleep (I made them shower, they were grimy), and it is just me and nature.
Abbi was thrilled this evening as she was able to hold baby Blake for a long while. He fell asleep in her arms and I was enchanted at how she was with him. With absolutely no prompting from me, she began to sing lullaby songs to him and rocked him gently. He adored her, in all his 3 week old glory. She was in heaven and it was very special to see my daughter holding her first real baby. I do wish I could have another child, but I can't so that's fine. It would have been very nice to see her and Libbi interact with a baby brother or sister, but I cannot and will not (and just plain can't anymore due to surgery) risk my life just for another baby.
Not much else to share tonight. It was a great day, beautiful weather and great friends (and sleep and husband time).
No comments:
Post a Comment