Friday, October 10, 2008

AMAZING Concert!

My Evening of Elegance performance is over and I am quite content with the way it went. I really had forgotten how much work it is to stay in tune, and listen and make minor adjustments for 2 hours straight. I mean, I do listen and I play as well as I can, but just typical playing is nothing like symphony orchestra concert playing. I cannot wait for the DVD to come out of the concert, I am so getting it and making a copy for everyone I know.

It was such an enjoyable time! Things were just a tad shaky on one of our pieces, but it was an incredibly hard one to begin with. One one of the songs someone sang to, he skipped a measure or two and it sounded a bit odd for a few seconds while we all figured out the error lol. Aside from that it was just beautiful. I wish Dave could have gone, but he was home with the girls and doing things around the house. Won't knock him for that.

I am anxious for the video because they showed pictures and things while we played.

I am now officially on fall break. I need it desperately. I have a fairly busy weekend, but with fun stuff. Then Monday and Tuesday I will be home with the girls YAHOO! I left my classroom in order and ready to teach Wed, so I would not have to do any work here at home.

My throat has been bothering me today. Around noon at work, I felt fairly miserable. My face was red and hot to the touch and I felt achy a bit. My right ear has been hurting lately, almost like I have a hole in it or something, and it is not getting much better. I may just have a sinus infection or such brewing. I will go to the doctor Monday if I can. I am relieved I felt good for the concert!

Dave paid $2.99 for gas today, can you believe that? Not me, I really thought the days of it being below three bucks were gone.

:)

No comments: