Dave is out of town. My man who never travels has now been gone twice in 3 weeks. GRR. So, that meant I had to work, then drive all the way home to daycare to get the girls, then all the way back to close by work where the church is. Lotsa miles on the car that normally aren't put there.
I was stuck with this decision, it was never a choice. I have to teach the lesson. Cancelling is not an option, especially when there is no time this week to reschedule since Dave is gone and life is well, busy.
During the lesson, they were not too bad, but kept interrupting me. I had packed them a few toys and drawing papers. They had more than enough to occupy themselves, but instead did not do that. Once practice started, it only got worse. The girls would not sit and play or even be quiet for that matter. Each girl made a trip in the bathroom with me for a spanking, and that did not help a lot. It was not fun. The few times I have had them with me at practice there they have been angels. Maybe the fact that today was the first day back to school after break made some sort of difference. It was not fun and it is not something I want to experience again with them. Oh yeah, we had stopped to get a quick bite for dinner, and Libbi wasn't real hungry at the time so we bagged hers up and took it to the church with us. Wouldn't you know, while I was teaching the lesson, Abbi decided to eat Libbi's food. Naturally, Libbi was hungry. I had to stop on the way home and get her dinner. Then once home it was shower time and bedtime. And of course some storms are coming.
Tomorrow night we do about the same thing, except the final destination is my school by 5:30 for an auction that we must all be there for. So, I again will rush away from school at 4:30, then get the girls at daycare and go right back to school.
May I again say GRRRRR? I am dizzy just thinking of all this back and forth. It is 20-25 minutes one way to work. A simple trip from work to daycare to work again takes almost an hour. Add to the the 25 minutes to get there in the morning then the 25 minutes to get home after the auction. BIG HUGE STINKING GRRR. That roughly 2 hours I will be in my van tomorrow.
Anyways, the girls should do a lot better tomorrow at the auction. We are working the concessions, selling pizza. The girls will help. There will be MANY kids and it will not be necessary for them to be super quiet like at my lesson and such tonight.
Seems like there is a small ray of hope!
They are now fast asleep and I am relishing the complete quiet. Bed will be soon for me.
When I talked to Dave this evening, I told him to tell his boss not to schedule anymore trips on Wednesdays. He did not find that request too funny.
Oh well. I get the whole bed to myself tonight. He has a whole hotel room to himself. Is this payback for all those years teaching band and being gone? Never mind, don't answer that.
Well, I've blabbered enough for one evening. Oh yeah, my students LOVED my straight, straight hair today. Got a ton of compliments. Too bad it will be back to the wavy Jennie hair tomorrow hehehe. I do not have the time to straighten it, and it is supposed to rain tomorrow.
OH, more weird news. During bus duty this afternoon, a kindergartner was bawling going to bus. Apparently he had gotten a low conduct mark and was very upset. When he got on the bus, he threw up everywhere. GROSS. I was the closest teacher so I had to deal with that. We got him off the bus. He was still screaming and so upset he could not tell me his name. Thankfully, his sister was on the bus and we got her off too. I found a spot that wasn't barf covered on his clothes and gingerly pinched it to lead him to the office. It was nice, since he wasn't truly sick, the barf did not stink hehehe. I got him to the office and they called his Mom to come get him. She was not far from the school. He had stopped crying though by then. I had given him kleenex and baby wipes to clean himself up, and he just did not want to do that. If I were a barfer when it comes to dealing with kid barf, I surely would have lost my lunch today! What a different way to end bus duty for the day.
Now I can go to sleep. Storms may come, so I might end up with some extra bodies in my room. Perhaps it won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment