We decided with the wonderful cool weather this weekend to take the girls to the pumpkin patch farm this afternoon. We have gone every year since we moved down here and really like it! When we got there, we headed straight for the hay ride to the pumpkin patch, where the girls could pick out their own little pumpkins. There were not very many to choose from out there, but they had MANY back at the farm so we knew we'd be ok. After the hay ride, we picked out a BIG pumpkin for Dave and I, each girl got a smaller one for home and then a little one for school. They played on the play areas and rode the train. They had a great time, and we were only there about an hour. Dave did get some pictures, but they are not online yet.
It has been a very nice weekend here! I had my PC party last night, and there were 3 couples who came. Turns out that all of our babysitters fell through, so all the kids were here. OH MY! I did not want any children here, not even my own, and the complete opposite is how it turned out. But, it was not too bad.
I made a wonderful Southwestern chicken appetizer and was reminded of my new favorite spice...CILANTRO! We had some of Dave's pulled pork, and then I cooked 2 tenderloins int eh microwave, smothered in his dry rub. That was then served on rolls, and oh wow was it ever good! I also made an apple crisp. The chill in the air made me desire something warm and applely.
The men folk hung out in the backyard. They mostly kept the kids occupied, watched ball games, etc. Once it got dark they built a fire in our fire pit and I actually went out and it sure was nice! However, Dave put it on the same that the pool had been on....so the kids tromped sand in and out and in and out and do forth into my house ALL evening! At 11 pm last night I vacuumed and swept/mopped my floors again. I cannot stand walking barefoot inside and feeling sand.
The sales for my show are up over $300. Not too bad at all! I will close it next weekend and submit the orders. So far I have $50 in FREE products to choose and then 1 half price item I can get too. The more sales I can get in this next week the higher that will go! There are several items that I want to get, not only for me but to have in my collection to show/use at shows.
It has been a fairly wonderful weekend! I slept in until 9 am both mornings and I needed that! This coming week does not appear to be too hectic, though the girls do start up dance company tomorrow.
I've got to figure out their Halloween costumes, just really have not given it much thought yet. My church group hosts a kids Halloween event Oct. 25, so I do not have much time! I can't believe how quickly October is going! Thanksgiving will be here before we all know it! So far, we have Dave's Dad and Aileen coming and Jennifer and Kevin and their kids. I am sure others will end up here too.
Well, a bubble bath sounds like just the thing on this chilly night!
No comments:
Post a Comment