Saturday, October 25, 2008

Church Halloween Festival

WHEW......another Halloween festival out of the way. Our church group hosts the event, and we have several games for the kids, face painting, tattoos, hot dogs, popcorn, etc. It is always well attended and something our group does for the church as a service. Our children are old enough now that they do not need Mom and Dad watching them constantly, so we keep busy working some part of the event. Dave stayed outside with thee guys grilling burgers while I manned the popcorn booth.

I did not pay a dime for either of the girls' costumes, and they looked GREAT! They wanted to be cowgirls. How convenient as each had a cowboy hat we'd bought them a year and a half ago in Colorado, we had one pair of pink cowgirl boots Grandma had given them for birthday 2 summers ago (the pair that used to be Libbi's are too small for her, so we had Abbi's pink ones and she also had a pair of low cut black boots so we used those). The girls wore black pants and sparkly cotton baby doll type shirts that I felt looked westerny. Libbi had two pigtails and Abbi had two ponytails. I just could not justify spending any money on costumes when they really wanted to be cowgirls and we had everything we needed. Of course I always have dance costumes as backup hehe.

This afternoon, we were over at Jennifer and Kevin's for Connor's birthday party. They had a bounce house and the kids LOVED it and it was such a beautiful afternoon too! We all stayed outside the whole time. From there we came home to get dressed for the church event and left to go to church. I am sure the girls were already tired hehe. Libbi napped for about 20 minutes in the car. Abbi got very grouchy at one point this evening, but worked through it. Both girls came home, got a shower and headed to bed. Jen brought the girls and I home as Kevin and Dave wanted to try out the new bar in town. OK, I expected them home around midnight, but Dave got home just 25 minutes after me. They stopped at the bar and it had closed because no one was there. Wow, and here I was all happy to know he was having fun with Kevin, he was glad I granted the kitchen pass lol. But now he is home already. I guess some other night.

Last night Dave and I did get to go to dinner alone. It was parent's night out at daycare so we took the girls. We went to church to help decorate for tonight then went to Olive Garden. We had not been in ages! It was quite good. Once we got the girls and came home I crashed. I just have been so tired.

This morning, I asked Dave to take Abbi to Girl Scouts and Libbi and I stayed home and set forth on the task of straightening my closet and going through things. I pulled out 3 garbage bags full of clothes that no longer fit and also parted with 5-6 pairs of shoes that I had been holding onto for years. I figured if I had not worn them in the last few years that it was time for them to get out of my closet. Libbi helped a lot! My closet is in good shape now.

My task for tomorrow is to fold laundry. I have 3 big baskets already full of clean clothes, ready to go lol. I am not far from being caught up with cleaning the clothes, though that is a never ending task.

Something is wrong with my van and it will go to the shop. It takes a little more oomph to start it, and while it seems fine once turned on, the brake light keeps coming on and another indicator light for the vehicle stabilizing unit. I do not feel any difference. The back doors also sometimes do not work. We think something may be off with the computer system or something, so it will go to the shop this week. THANKFULLY it is still under warranty so I am not worried.

This week doesn't seem to be too busy. It is my light week at school (FINALLY) and the evenings do not have a lot packed in. It looks to be a chilly week with another cold front coming in. YAY, love the cold stuff.

Well, I am tired and have to hang up some laundry that just finished.

No comments: