Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Choir did great and colder weather on the way

My choir kids did wonderful this morning in their performance! I was especially proud of my soloists, they really did a great job and sounded perfect! One of the visitors came and complimented me. The team did tour the entire school and visited all the classrooms. Thankfully, they did not ask me any questions. BUT, they will be with us one more day finishing up the visit and spending the afternoon working on their reports. We'll find out after school exactly how we "measure up".



Cold weather is headed here. It is forecast to rain all day and night tomorrow, with the high not even getting to 60 degrees. LOVE IT! Well, maybe not the rain part, but the chilly part yes. It doesn't look like it will get above 70 for several days.



It was REPORT CARD DAY here. Abbi got all A's! Libbi had a few areas of concern, but we knew this and things are already improving: Randomly recognizing letters, both upper and lowercase, ordinal number placements, counting to 100 (hm, her work has only steadily increased from 5 to 50 on her weekly homework/review, so it appears the class has not been working on it either, but I will now), and some behaviors. Now, to keep working on the areas that need help and things will be rocking! I know just how far Libbi has come in 9 weeks, and I also know she has turned a big corner and that lightbulb has switched ON in her head.



My flute lesson gal did not show up again, she had an interview. I still get paid now for the lessons. She has two young children too. I did get to orchestra tonight and we read a lot of music. We'll be playing the evening service Sunday to celebrate Carter's 25th year with the church! We have also started working on the singing tree music too. It is about to get a bit busy again. At least they gave us schedules to get us through Christmas, so that will certainly help in my planning of everything.



I was also asked this evening to play the musical at the hs I taught at last year....I think I will do it. It will be fun and I am honored they have asked me to come play. Dave doesn't yet know this, hmm.



YAWN.....I am sleepy. My cat woke me at 5 am jumping on my feet. I think he found a milk jug ring or something, that tends to bring about pouncing. After that sleep was a bit pointless as my alarm was set for 6 to be ready and leave in time to get to school early. Let's pray I sleep better tonight.

No comments: