Yes, that is true, it was a better day today and tonight for the girls. Both got the highest conduct marks at school and their behavior this evening has been wonderful! They are both upstairs cleaning their room, so before we get settled in with homework and bed I wanted to update.
I am SLEEPY. I will be going to bed early tonight. I had a class this morning and after school on the new online grade book system we are using. It is a pain to set up when you teach as many classes as I do, but it is apparently very easy to use once it is all set up (and as I have poked around in the program, I think that is true).
Last week, my Monday kindergarten class was just a mess. HOWEVER, the one student that pretty much caused all the mess was transferred into a preschool class because he just was not socially ready for kindergarten. The class was like a roomful of angels today! I was just so pleased with them and we had a GREAT time!
I have hopped, jumped, skipped, walked funny and played instruments all day. Gosh, it was sure fun! The tough part is the very small handful of students who chose to misbehave or not follow directions, but today having only ONE student like that out of 6 classes is really good!
Once my girls are in bed, I will be working on some school work. This beginning of the year teacher stuff is so time consuming, but necessary. My new toner cartridge was delivered today for my classroom printer (Lexmark), that was such a nice surprise!
So, FAY rain bands have reached us. It poured around 2 pm today for a good 15 minutes. We were quite smiled upon to have had a DRY bus dismissal, so I was happy as I had that class to attend. During the class, at about 4:45, we could hear it POURING again and it did that for a good hour or hour and a half. Driving home was a mess with all the rain and excess water everywhere. We seem to be in a nice little reprieve, but I think we'll get more as the evening goes on.
Well, I need to go check the cleaning of the rooms progress then get them going with the homework. Dave is at a meeting so I have to juggle both girls and their work. Don't even begin to think I am complaining, because for the first time in three years I am finally HOME to be able to do it and take an active part in this segment of their education.
So, it appears that my threat of taking their birthday party away has worked. I have happy, sweet, loving girls this evening, so far (knock on wood).
Later......
1 comment:
I think you are FINALLY in the right job to balance your family. You will devote more time to being June Cleaver than John Phillip Sousa. I hope this makes you laugh. I'm so happy for you and I'm lucky to have met you so many years ago.
Keep in touch.
Nonnie
Post a Comment