What a FULL week! I am so happy to be sitting here at home, with my family. My classroom is ready enough to get started with students Monday. I have a corner with 25 composers huge pictures and their names and years underneath, I have instrument families posters in another corner, I have my rules and consequences and rewards bulletin board in the front, I have another bulletin board on the side of music symbols and signs, and so on. I think it looks very good considering most teachers had a few more weeks than me to get the room ready! The only thing I need to print off this weekend is a door sign saying it is my music room hehe!
I decided that for the first two weeks, I will start using the older textbooks/songs since I am so familiar with them. I just have not had time to plan with the new texts the district adopted, but want to use them since they have GREAT music in them and updated too! I still need to type up the plans in an official format, but I will do that, no big deal.
I still have a few boxes to unpack, but I will just have to get to those later.
WHEW, it is hard to believe how much has been accomplished, and considering the majority of the time this week was spent in meetings and training sessions, I am surprised I was able to get work done in my room. I learned that I have BUS DUTY, oh, that was about the last thing I wanted to have to do, but I will take it in stride and at least I have one of the assistant principals with me each day. It does mean I have to get there about 20 minutes earlier than the listed time for us to be there, and I have to stay until the last bus picks kids up each day. It should not be too bad, a LARGE majority of the kids at this school walk or get picked up by parents as the boundaries to the school are really not that wide surrounding the school. My tennis shoes will get a workout and my hair may not stay the way I put it each morning hehe.
I went and turned in all of my paperwork that allows me to teach and they sat with me and made sure everything in my files was correct. I am HAPPY to report that the district now recognizes some years of teaching that I did in Ohio that did NOT used to be counted for where to place me on the pay scale. So, with ALL my teaching, I have twelve years! WOW. I signed my other official paperwork and had my ID badge made this afternoon too. I did not get to keep my badge, because the machine that punches a hole in it was broken and since these badges have security codes to swipe to get into our schools (through locked doors), they have to be the ones to put the hole in instead of us just punching it. They will send it to our school next week.
The girls have been so happy to be back at daycare with their school friends. Libbi has had excellent behavior too! They have come home worn out and at times a bit on the testy side from being so tired, but we have worked through that. Right now they are both on the couch here with me watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies, the parade of the countries. The first part of the ceremony was simply breathtaking and beautiful!
My elbow is doing quite well. I cannot do anything that involves twisting it inward (palm up) or bringing my hand to my face/chest or back to my back. BUT, only the elbow itself has a bit of pain still, the rest of the arm feels good and everything is getting better! I think in a few days it will feel better than it has in a long time! The physical therapy is to relieve the stiffness (I have not been able to straighten the arm out straight for several months, still can't) and even now I am able to do some stretching of it carefully without pain. I really think this shot worked!
This weekend has a few things to keep us busy, but there will be time for rest too.
Life is good, I am happy, the girls are excited for school. They swam in the pool for a few minutes then got showers.
Well, back to watching the ceremony.....night!
No comments:
Post a Comment