Dave and I had a GLORIOUS morning of sleeping in. I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow last night, I was BEAT. I forgot to type here that while we were at Best Buy, we just happened to catch the big swimming final last night for Phelps. Really cool to watch it on big screen HD tvs, and lots of them too.
Back to today... it was great to sleep in, I have been sleeping great anyways, but I slept like a rock and probably did not move. I think I opened my eyes around 8:30 am. I lounged in bed for a good LONG time with Dave....our girls had taken their new movie their aunt got them upstairs and were very busy watching that. I may have gotten up around 9:45 or 10.
Dave decided to take the sectional couch apart and sweep/vacuum/clean underneath it....just one work...YUCK. All clean now, amazing what 2 years will cause to collect under things.
So, then moved to lunch and after that the girls both took to talking back and both ended up with hot sauce. We then determined the girls had awoken around 6 am and were hitting a cranky point. After lunch, they cleaned their rooms and laid down for a nap. I left my house and hour later to go get my hair done....and left to a snoring husband and two sacked out girls.
My regular hair dresser moved to Arkansas. I learned this upon calling today to get an appointment. BOO.....she was wonderful and I have been going to her for over two years now. Thankfully, the manager had answered the phone and explained to me the situation and told me who the two top gals were (for color and cuts) and I made an appointment, for which she promptly said there would be a discount because of my regular lady leaving. My appointment was for Friday with one of them, but I got a call back about a minute later saying she had an opening this afternoon. HAPPY DAY!
I show up and my 3 hours of head pampering began! Started with the color first. Sadly, my once beautiful strawberry brown hair is graying (and not what I consider a pretty color gray) and for two years now I have colored. This year we added highlights, it just makes it look exactly the way it always looked before gray invaded. This gal did an AMAZING job! She was very thorough and I was impressed! She didn't just slap the stuff on my roots and let it be. She made sure every single strand was done properly. I sat for 25 minutes to let the stuff work. She then washed it...this girl could come live with me and wash my hair every day. It felt a bit like heaven must be. Then she dried it and WOW, since I just let it air dry now, it curls up some, I couldn't believe how long it had gotten. Next came the highlights and foil...again, she took the time to ensure it was done evenly. Then, under the dryer I went for a bit. Next was that AWESOME hair washing again and I about fell asleep this time. Then it was time to get the hair cut, I got about an inch and a half off. She then dried it and straightened it....wow does it look great! Looks like I have me a new stylist! I did not want to leave. It was a wonderful three hours.
Afterwards, I met up with my family at church for the back to school picnic. It was very nice to see a lot of our friends and the girls were so happy to run around. Good thing they had that nap today!
Here's a funny......water shot out of our kitchen sink and hit the ceiling....ok, now that I have your attention. Dave was fixing our drip in the sink and also trying to replace our sprayer with a new one he got. I guess he accidentally hit the faucet and it turned on a little before he had the thing hooked up and it shot up to the ceiling (not much water). LOL...reminds me of the ravioli on the ceiling and all over my Mom when she was all dressed up to go out with my dad (the can was dropped on the floor while being opened). Anyways, I digress. A little water will not hurt the ceiling.
I do not want to sleep on my pretty hair. I'm not tired right now anyways. The four of us are sitting here watching the Olympics (swimming is on).
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment