Saturday, August 30, 2008

Three Day weekend!!!

A Three Day weekend for us at last! It was nice to sleep in today after being out late last night at a dinner with our church friends. I was probably in bed earlier than I have been in a while too and slept HARD!

We actually have a lot of down time and not too many plans so that is nice! After we woke up, I took Abbi and we headed to my eye doctor to have my yearly check-up and to get a new prescription for contacts as my current one wasn't strong enough. Yes, my vision has changed, but apparently not by alot. To me, it seems like it was alot, but to the doctor it wasn't. Weird. BUT, we shall see. I got my new contact prescription and was given trial ones, and within a few hours I had to take the left one out.....I cannot see with it and life is blurrier WITH it than without. The right one is fine, but I took both out. I will go back tomorrow and they will see what's up. I did get a bit of downer news, but not serious at all. I have been wearing my extended wear contacts as prescribed, 3-4 weeks at a time without taking them out. However my eyes need more time breathe as blood vessels are growing up to the cornea due to a lack of oxygen. Apparently that is not supposed to happen. SOOOO, they said to let my eyes rest a few nights a week or 24 hours over the weekend by taking the contacts out. So, it has NOT been my contacts drying out like I thought, it is actually my eyes are begging for oxygen. Not a big deal, but if it doesn't look better the next visit then some other options will be discussed or I will be taken off wearing contacts. Other than that the eyes look GREAT!

I am going to take a nap soon here. The girls are listening to a CD book and being so quiet I think they fell asleep. Nope, they are awake but being VERY good and quiet (darn, I wanted some Dave time).

More to update but will save it for later!

No comments: