We took advantage of the tax free weekend to get the girls' school supplies, new sneakers, etc. I know for a fact that Dave and I NEVER had to get this much stuff for school. The lists the schools give out seem to get longer every year! And since the girls have not gotten new sneakers in two years, it was time! Their feet have grown MAJOR since last year, Libbi wears size 2 and Abbi size 4, and a year ago Libbi was in a 12 and Abbi in a 1 or 2. I tend to buy the shoes big (but not so big as to fall off or slip all over) so let's pray these last a good bit! They each found backpacks at Target that they loved (Abbi got School of Rock and Libbi got Hello Kitty) that were actually very well priced too! Kohl's had GREAT clothes on the clearance racks, so I got the girls a few things there too. ALL I got out of this was some pencils for me and some new underwear LOL.
The dining room table has become the storage place for all of this stuff. I will sort it at a later time since they don't start school for a week.
Libbi's funny words for the day...she said "I speak England" "Abbi knows some Spanish" Shakespheare speaks mouse" (he is a cat). The Libbi was trying to say we were going to a different store to look for cheaper backpacks when she was talking to Abbi in the van and Libbi Said "We are going to look for sheefer backpacks. Oh it was so cute and of course Abbi corrected her and then Libbi said it right and we all laughed. When the four of us were doing the running around to different places, I was making sure they were holding hands with one of us and each other in the parking lots. Libbi started calling it sister hands" and then at one point all of us were holding hands and she called it "parents and family hands". It was so sweet that at every stop after that she piped in saying those cute words and had Abbi saying them also. SO sweet!
Our Abbi looks so grown up! With it so hot, I pulled ALL her hair up to a high ponytail and she looks almost like a teenager! Has some moments she acts like one already too.
Well, dinner is about ready (yes, it is 9:30 pm) so need to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment