Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girls are registered for school

Our girls are officially registered for school! They know which teachers they have and where their classrooms are. Now, to buy the additional supplies from the lists we were given today.

After getting them registered, it was time for me to go to my school and work registration there. I was simply in a quiet room giving tests to transfer students, not very difficult at all! I did get a few hours to get started on my classroom decor and both bulletin boards are READY for the cute stuff (I papered them and bordered them already). All the cute stuff I would like to try and get laminated this week before I put any of it up. I have TONS of stuff (which we found the rest of in the attic tonight) that I couldn't use at the high school because it was way too "elementary", but seeing that I am in Elementary, well...time to use it!

I learned today that I will go sign my contract and get my ID badge Friday afternoon, so then I will be all official!

SO...the girls are very excited fo school to start! They are loving being back with all their friends this week at daycare and are more than anxious to ride the big yellow bus and go back to the big school. I can't believe summer is over.

Tonight was some National Neighborhood night and ours hosted a HUGE event where they had local police and fire officials there to give us info on a wide variety of things, there was a book reading, there was a bike parade for the kids (Abbi rode her bike and Libbi raced on her scooter), face painting, hot dogs, a fancy ice cream truck, the chance to crawl all in the firetruck (our town has 2), a sport dog demo (German Shepard), a water balloon toss for the kids, fingerprinting kits, and door prizes. I actually won one.....a gift certificate for a free dozen donuts from the donut store in town here (it is good!). It was very nice to see neighbors, talk to them and all of us just let the kids run around. I left after about 2 hours because I had not sat down. I got home from work and we immediately walked up the street to the event.

I was able to have a few quiet moments where I worked on some classroom things on my computer before Dave and the girls got home, that was nice! When they did return, I got the girls in the tub.

Tomorrow morning I go to the orthopedic doctor to look at my elbow. It's been bothering me a lot more lately. I printed off the patient paperwork and need to fill it out before I go to bed. That is what I will do now, so off I go......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm also into those things. care to give some advice?