Sunday, August 24, 2008

Girls fighting = no bedtime snack and mad mommy

The girls had a very good day today, but I tell you, the evenings are not fun at all. Once we come inside for the night and settle down the girls begin to fight and not get along and I tell ya I am SICK OF IT! Abbi was taking a shower, then I sent Libbi in to have Abbi get out and her get in. Is that really too difficult of a task to ask? Apparently so. Somehow, it ended up with Libbi pushing Abbi and Abbi pulling Libbi's hair, and don't ask me if I can get the straight story out of them on who started it. Both girls got a spanking, and were sent to bed without their bedtime snack. This behavior has been going on since school started and I am done with it. One more outburst from either TOWARDS each other, they have been warned that their birthday party in two weeks WILL be cancelled.

I am so over this being nice, time outs, things that are not having any affect whatsoever on behavior now. I am so angry. The girls love using my big shower or bathtub and after tonight, they are not allowed in it for a week. Abbi has been warned to stop watching my tv and messing up my bed...she has a tv in her room (and cable tv)...though the bigger problem is she keeps doing it when asked not to. They have a regular bathtub/shower upstairs, so they can use that. Heck, we have a third one downstairs, they can use that....but mine is mine until they earn the right back to go in there and BE NICE to each other.

Don't get me wrong, I realize they are still getting into a routine with school starting, I realize they are young, I realize it was a busy weekend with the baby shower I hosted yesterday (the Dads and kids went to Kevin's while Jennifer came here for her shower) as well as a dinner at church last night, I also realize that as sisters, they will be best friends then the next second fight like cats and dogs......but I will not allow them to ruin our evenings together and leave me with a huge headache, leave Dave in a foul mood and both of them in tears (me sometimes too).

The past two mornings this weekend, they slept in and then entertained themselves and each other so nicely, and today here at home even were quite good and played great together. But 6 pm hits and the opposite occurs. Bedtime right now is 8:30, though I am trying to get it earlier. However, with me not getting home from school until sometimes 6 pm, it makes for a mad rush for me to get dinner on the table, look over school stuff from their backpacks, get homework going and get things ready for the next day. Dave has hit this rut of not being very helpful from dinner-time on (leaves me to clear the table, and get the girls ready for bed or baths, get lunches ready, etc....but I cannot be too mad, I rarely ask him for help but WISH he could see I need it). I have to remind myself that unlike women, men cannot read minds or even sometimes see the picture or what could be done to help their wives, they must be told straight out. OK, if this keeps it up, I will tell him straight out. And WHAT is up with when he makes himself a snowcone EVERY night, leaving a sticky mess on the counter and the cup and spoon wherever he "ate" the thing???????? Tis making for a ton more work for me and GRRRRR!

Nope, I am not PMSing, that was a week ago and is done and over (I only PMS, I do not have periods, but my PMS leaves me a moody, witchy woman). I was perfectly happy until this evening and allowed the girls to put me in a rotten mood and dredge up every other detail in my life that is irking me lately. As I sit now, I am trying to watch the Closing Ceremony, but my dear husband is using the snowcone machine and that blocks out the sound of anything you might be trying to watch or hear. Thankfully the machine works quickly and within a few minutes the annoyance is over.

I feel better, really I do. I need to vent and get it out, even if it is just here. If I vent to Dave, we'll argue about it and that is not necessary.

Really, it WAS a good day. I played well at church this morning and then went back to a rehearsal late this afternoon and had a BLAST playing through some of our music for our upcoming Classical/non church music concert (October 10). We are playing Ride of the Valkyries, a Mozart piano concerto (VERY familiar one), Bach's Toccata and Fugue (the "creepy" music that starts off the Disney FANTASIA), and then some music the director composed. More music may be added, I don't know. Tonight was our first practice on the stuff. I also tried to play piccolo, and while I could, it still hurts and I did not sound at all as good as normal. I cannot wear this arm band and play piccolo, because it gets in the way and I cannot bring my arm in close enough to my body to hold the piccolo, so I have to take it off.

The arm is sore today...one spot near the tip of the elbow. I am not sure why it hurts, hopefully it is just sore. I will do my strengthening ex. very soon before bed. I have a computer class to go to at my school tomorrow morning and afternoon on the online grade book system they use. Dave has a Knight's meeting so it will be the girls and I.

Busy week......but still nowhere near as busy as when I taught band. WHEW! I have physical therapy Tuesday, orchestra Wed, a parent meeting for Abbi's class at her school Thur then a dinner Friday night to go to with our church group. Abbi is going to start Girls Scouts (Brownies) Saturday and we'll all enjoy a long, holiday weekend. Add to that the normal dance classes on Tues/Friday.

THIS is what being a regular Mom is all about! The busy MOM life, the dealing with children's spats, and so forth. How honored I am to finally have the opportunity to do it and not put my girls second in my life anymore! Band took so much time, but not anymore.

I want some chocolate....I've not craved the stuff since losing my appetite for it when I was pregnant with Libbi, but I want some now. Good thing I don't have any in the house!

I have to type about the "FAY" clouds we have had today. WEIRD...these are clouds from the remnants of Tropical Storm Fay. Yes, we have seen the bands and bands and bands of clouds, and within view, there are so many different kinds of clouds. Some rain, a little breeze, but the layers of clouds is what has been cool. Oh, the temp was cool too!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave needs sugary snow cones like I need a hole in my head. Lose the syrup and snow cone machine. Your kids are getting cranky because they are tired. Put them to bed earlier if you can. It may be hard at first but their days are so full. My mom used to put me to bed at their age at 7:30. Kids need more sleep.