I am happy to report that another long day has come to an end. Started off with us loading up the van to make several stops. I tried stopping at the school, but the principals were all gone at a meeting until later so we went on to the fingerprinting place. Thankfully my information was in the database and I was good to go, did not have to wait too terribly long. It is digital, so not messy at all. The girls thought it was the coolest thing and I thought it was neat to be able to see the screen as the gal did it! After a few other errands, we went back by the school and I saw my principal and she gave me the keys to my room. It is the same exact room I had when I was there about 4 years ago. Such a NICE school building! And I had forgotten about the window! At the hs, there was no window in my classroom and most days I never saw the sunlight because I was there so long. I have me a NICE window, a room on the end of a wing (this school has 4 wings or rays that come off the central area of gym, cafe, etc). I looked in the HUGE storage closet and found they had indeed purchased more instruments, a sound system, and so forth....YAY! Such nice equipment! I have a nice desk, a small then a tall filing cabinet, a few tables and some shelves. YAHOO...I won't have to "take my own furniture"! Was weird, my name was still on some of the teacher manuals from 5 years ago! The school district has adopted new music text books (a few years ago) and so I was able to pick up the teacher editions to begin my lesson plans. EXCITING!
We then left and went to one of the "teacher stores" and I bought my grading books and the paper my girls need for school (it is so hard to find at Walmart). I was worried that the girls would want everything in sight, and at first few steps in the door, they did (a teacher store is aimed at lower-grade classroom teachers and full of just plain FUN stuff), BUT I saw the store had completely re-arranged and put in a PLAY AREA.....OH HAPPY DAY!!! I was able to actually browse the store and look at some things (I'll have teacher money from the school district to spend in a few weeks on supplies). Did I mind that I had no idea where the 2 things I went in there to get were with the new layout? Heck no! We then went grocery shopping and I was thrilled that the girls were so happy! This particular store has these race-car carts and the girls were sharing the headphones to Abbi's mp3 player and dancing and singing the entire time...it was quite pleasant! Considering how today just could not have been much fun for them being mainly along for the ride, I was proud of their behavior.
We pulled back in the driveway about 5 pm and I was so happy to be back home! It got to 100 degrees today and was miserable hot and sticky. Kinda gross if you ask me. I will need a shower before bed. Even once the sun went down it was still over 90 degrees and now at 9 pm is 85! I had forgotten to put the pork roast in the crockpot for dinner, so I made a last minute decision to make pancakes and eggs. Dave wanted bacon too so he cooked some of that up. Girls LOVE pancakes so I knew it would be a winner of a choice!
Libbi is so cute today.....I put her hair in two ponytails and oh how adorable! I forgot to take a picture and she is in the bathtub right now. I am sure it will find itself in two again so I will try to catch it then.
Where is my bed? I need it, I want it and once I am clean I am sure going to FIND IT. First need to get my children out of the bath and to bed. Then it is ME TIME.
No comments:
Post a Comment