Yes, you read that right. The girls were supposed to be cleaning their rooms this afternoon......the rooms are going to be the death of me yet! They will have them trashed within minutes of having them cleaned and it is a constant ongoing battle with them to have them clean them and keep them clean.
Well, a neighbor came over this evening asking them to go outside and play and I said they couldn't yet as they were still cleaning their rooms. They did work to clean them and a lot was accomplished, but they came downstairs and told me they were done. I specifically asked if under the beds and dressers were done and they said yes. I told them that if when Daddy was done with the grass and came in if there was still anything under the beds or out that it would get thrown away, they said it was ok, everything was clean. I sent them on their way. I'd already been up and down the steps several times and I am not supposed to do that so I could not go up right then and check yet again.
Fast forward an hour or so. We both went upstairs to check the status of the rooms, and Dave had to get the garbage bag. HE FILLED THE THING!!!!! Under the beds hadn't been cleaned and a few things were left out on the floor. Some of their "very special things" were thrown in the bag. The girls were just crying messes as we made them help us put things in the bag. It took everything I had to not cry to watch Abbi put her brand new idog and Libbi to put her favorite purses and baby clothes in the bag, but I had to stand firm. They both lost their CD players because CDs are getting broken and scratched up. Dave unplugged their tvs. We are much more upset at the lies about the rooms being clean than the things left out. They really did accomplish a LOT in the cleaning, but they know what we mean when we say clean and they flat out lied.
Dave put the bag in the attic and we will go through it. Most of it was indeed junk we can part with, but some of it is very sentimental and we can work a system out of earning it back (the girls do not know this yet and won't for a few days). The idog and CD players and such cost a lot of money and with as hard as we work for our money I will not throw these things in the trash. Our attic can hold them hostage for a little bit.
Hard lesson taught and learned tonight. Girls are both in bed.
Onto other news....I got me a short nap and feel good, but my eyes are really bothering me. I may just not wear contacts for a few days. I am sure the fact that we tried to self clean the oven, but a flame developed on a spill and I turned the thing off and will clean that spill up before proceeding with letting it clean itself. It created that burnt, smoky house and my eyes probably sting from that. I have drops to put in them and will be very soon here.
Hurricane Gustav is threatening to hit the same area as Katrina hit New Orleans.....evacuations are already going on. They say it will hit Monday afternoon. Gas prices have increased about 10-15 cents in the last 24 hours due to the oil rigs in the Gulf shutting down.
:) A nice, hot bath is calling my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment