Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to workEve

Yes, I return to work tomorrow. It is teacher In-Service and work week. My van is loaded with a bunch of "teacher stuff" and things I have gathered from years of teaching. I did take out all of the band stuff and that is in boxes that will go upstairs to the attic. I finally went through everything I had brought home from the hs, so our garage is soon to hold two vehicles again. There is some more in the attic that will need to come downstairs, but I have plenty to keep me busy, that is if we are even given time to work on our rooms tomorrow. I don't know right now the schedule, but will soon enough. I did not yet load my compact fridge, but would love to be able to put it in my classroom storage room so that I can keep water in there and my lunch. We'll see if I am allowed to.

All of my paperwork is completely done now and ready to turn in.

I did not get a chance to work on any lesson plans over the weekend, but that is ok. I will have a chance this week.

Today, I played two services at church, then met the family at the other church to get the girls registered for religious education classes and then to have my doctor read my TB test on my arm and sign off on that paperwork. We then came home and had lunch and then got the girls and Dave ready to go to his softball game. It was again SO hot (103) and I made sure they had enough to drink to stay hydrated. I had orchestra practice from 4-6 pm. Let me tell you, it is so neat that the director writes and arranges music specifically for us and on the talent level of the exact players. We have this difficult arrangement of some hymn, and we are on arrangement number 4 right now, this is the first that had a piccolo part! Since I am the piccolo player, he wrote it nice and difficult just for me lol. Once I got home from that, I set to work on getting the school things separated from the boxes in the garage and then when Dave got home he helped load the van up. I cannot begin to tell you how hot it was, even with the sun well behind the houses it was oppressive in the garage (and even outside). I was beyond gross after finishing.

Oh yeah, do you know what happens when bubble gum is left in a cup holder in a very hot van that sits in the sun sometimes? I am sure you can guess. Dave and I were covered in gum goo getting it cleaned.

We had dinner and then I hit the shower and each girl had a turn in with me.....we were just ALL a mess and in need of a good, fast cleaning session. They are ready to go back to daycare for a week and see their friends.

It is a fairly busy week we have coming up. I feel like I am a happy fish swimming upstream, knowing I'll make it just fine. It is go, go go but so worth every second!

No comments: