Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Day of School EVE

Here we are, the eve of the first day of school. My youngest will be entering kindergarten and BOTH will be in school. I remember thinking of this day (and probably longing for it in some senses) many years ago! It is a little sad knowing my "baby" will be in her "big school", but comforting that my oldest will be there to help show her the way. There will never be another first day of kindergarten, with the pure excitement a child experiences, for my husband or me. Kind of sad. Normally, they will ride the bus, but Dave and I will drive them tomorrow and walk them to their classrooms and meet their teachers (along with lug all the supplies too). I bawled upon walking out of the school with Abbi on her very first day, I think this time will be easier. Wanna take bets on it I shed tears?

I too start my first day tomorrow and I am very excited! While I will miss the relationships that you can build with students you see 5 days a week (the high school kids), I am completely ready for this joy and warmness the little kids will bring with them. Lots of hugs, lots of smiles, not so much bad behavior, and so many other good things I am anxious to be a part of.

I know what I am going to wear, the girls have brand new dresses and it all starts tomorrow.

So...some little updates. Abbi had a bit of a fever and complained of a headache earlier today. She had a temp of 102, but after Motrin and a short nap, it was gone. She is feeling fine now. Libbi has been hungry NONSTOP! I am glad I have lots of healthy snacks...the girl is going through a growth spurt for sure! Dave spent the day cleaning the garage and we now can park both cars in it YAHOO! I played at church. My arm is doing really well and only a bit of soreness and stiffness. I am able to use it even more each day.

Well, time for a meeting at church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stick the envelopes in the freezer.. They will unseal easily.

Love ya
Nonnie