My first day back went VERY well, other than the fact that I did not go home from school so that I could attend a meeting for Pampered Chef Consultants. I managed to get somewhat moved into my classroom and mostly got all the boxes out of my car and unpacked. Tomorrow is district-wide registration day where every single parent has to come register their child for school. We will register our own girls at 7:30 am, right when it opens at their school then I have to be at my school 9:30-5:30 to work. There is a break between noon and 4 pm though where registration is closed, and I am not sure what happens between there aside from the normal lunch. I am HOPING to get my bulletin boards done tomorrow and have the teacher assistants get some laminating done for me (you are not allowed to do your own laminating or copying, they do it for you, how nice is that?).
I am tired, I walked a LOT as my classroom is at the end of a hallway. I must share a "funny" though from my day. I was using my office chair as a means to wheel things up the walkway outside my door and into my room, well, I heard this rustling and I was quickly reminded of something sort of cool. Just about 20 feet from the end of the building and my classroom is a COW PASTURE! A curious cow came up to the fence when it heard me and scampered right up almost acting as if it wanted attention. Of course I could not stop and say hello, but before I knew it 3 others came up and there was some mooing going on! These were younger cows, so I guess they are just more curious of their surroundings. So, not only does my room have a window that overlooks into a wooded area, that wooded area has COWS, so my view is full of nature. Such a change from the last three years not having a single window in my room and some days never seeing daylight!
I also got my teaching schedule today...I have not had much time to really study it and all, but I have ample planning time and 45 minutes to eat lunch and other than the outside bus duty in the afternoons, I think this will be so much calmer than my last few years! The other music teacher has his doctorate, but is a band person just like me! We are not going to be teaching the same things to our classes, we will teach what we want, our own way. Of course we will have to work on programs together and special things, but for normal class nope. That's good! I am hoping to get some time on lesson plans tomorrow.
I saw my own children all of 10 minutes this morning.....I brushed their hair and sent them out the door with Daddy to daycare. I did not get home until 10 pm. I cannot tell you how happy I am to know that me going days with only seeing them in the morning for a few minutes is OVER. Sure, there will still be a few here and there (like today) but for the most part I can leave work at 4:15 pm and not go back until 8:40 the next morning. PLUS< I can leave Friday afternoon and not return until Monday...this is all a new concept for me after years of marching band.
Well, this girl is TIRED and needs to find a pair of jeans to wear with this red school spirit shirt for registration day tomorrow. I so do not look good in red, so my hair will have to go UP!!! Strawberry Blond just looks awful with bright red. But hey, wearing jeans is special and a treat, so I will not complain.
No comments:
Post a Comment