The girls are finally in bed, well, actually they are on Abbi's floor having a slumber party. The day went great! We went to the grocery store and they were such helpers! They worked together pushing the cart and helped me get the things on our list. When we got home, they helped unload the van (without being asked) and helped put everything away. After that, we all folded several loads of clean laundry and then the dreaded task of clearing out clothes in the rooms and re-organizing. Well, wouldn't you know that once upstairs I decided we'd go ahead and do room overhaul cleaning? Two hours later, we had accomplished quite the tasks of getting one full basket of clothes that don;t fit the youngest anymore, and switched those that no longer fit Abbi to Libbi's room, and then I won't even begin to describe the "mess" we cleaned. A great deal was thrown away (Libbi is obsessed with tearing paper) and several things put away that they no longer play with. They were such helpers and really did not complain too much. Daddy got home from work and at first was mad that dinner didn't seem to be in the works, but when he found us he jumped in and helped too! The girls each had turns vacuuming.
After dinner, they went out with me so I could water the flowers and I just let them run around...been too hot to get out in the daytime, but in the evening it is really nice. And, the mosquito's do not seem to be out in force yet either. A neighbor boy had brought Abbi some envelopes, in them was money and "love notes". This boy has it bad for her, and she does not like him. She was very embarrassed by the notes, and at first hid them in her nightstand, but I got her to show them to me. I thought at first they said something "dirty" since she did not want me to see them, and once I did...well, that started the whole conversation with her about if she liked him back (no way she said and I know she is right). LOL. I then gently told her that lots of boys will love her throughout her life, and some she won't love or even like back, and that that was fine, but that no matter what she can always come to me and talk to. I think she sort of felt bad that she did not like him lol. I see hints of teenager in her with each passing day. Just the other day she was telling me she will be a teenager in just 7 years...ACK! After our conversation, both girls and I laid on Abbi's bed and looked through the American Girl Doll catalogue.
Tomorrow they have a friend's birthday party to go to at a place in town that has huge inflatable slides and such (indoors). Then, after that, Dave and I have a dinner to go to for the Knight's at Macaroni Grill.
I think if I find the right balance of getting errands done and staying home that this summer will be really nice! I am shocked at how well behaved they are with just me at the grocery or when we are out. Not that they are horrible when it is Dave or I, but it is a big change. Perhaps because we are out during the day when they are not dead tired, instead of the evening...who knows. This week went by rather quickly.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment