Friday, June 20, 2008

District Interview DONE

I had my interview with the county district this morning and it went quite well. The woman that interviewed me was very nice and the questions asked were all on a form, and she wrote my responses down. I felt like I did a really good job and she said so several times. At the end, she said that there is an opening at a school quite close to my home for teaching music and choir. She is going to let the principal know I am interested and hopefully I will hear from him very soon.

I know, I said before that I would never teach choir again, but I have to say that it feels like I am being pushed towards that by some higher power. I was placed in a choir position soon after my mother died, right when I needed it, and now am in need of a job again. Perhaps there is something that keeps leading me to choir. This school is about 11 miles from my house, and a very easy drive. I hope to hear form the principal very soon, then I can get my act together for a great interview and sell myself MAJORLY, without giving them any choice to hire anyone but me.

There are no band openings in the district at this time. And I am not going to wait around for one to come either if I am offered this or an elementary music job. The church wants me to teach 5th and 6th grade band (to home school kids, so at my own schedule/convenience) and I could still do that and teach choir too.

So, we shall see. I have asked God to lead me to the right place and job.

Today is mine and Dave's 10th wedding anniversary and the girls and I are going to make a round layer cake in just a few minutes here (my first attempt at a layer cake EVER, imagine that). I am so excited to try this. No, it is not homemade, it is from a box. But still. I did buy extra icing to decorate it, though a friend suggested I shave chocolate over it instead of decorate it for a more elegant look (thanks Linda, I know you are reading this).

So...off I go! Once the cake is done I may attempt to get the girls and I in the pool to enjoy for a bit.

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do let me know about the job situation. Choir may not be your bag but it may be your bread.... if you know what I mean. Always hoping the best for you and the family.

Nonnie