Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lazy Days of summer

What a nice day with my girls! This is day two of our summer together and we had a great day! We woke up around 8:30 am and had breakfast and just putzed around a bit, we weren't in too much of a hurry. I got a nice bath and caught up on my magazine and soaking. We then loaded up the van and headed to THE MALL! It was bathing suit and flip flop day, they were in desperate need of them so we got them. Disney store had just what they needed (and wanted). We then headed to Ruby Tuesdays to get their awesome cheeseburger minis (all three of us ended up getting them). We then peeked around in JCPenney and that store had lots of shirts their sizes on sale for $4.99 each so I picked out two for each of them. We then went to Walmart to get a few grocery items, then headed home. Since we got home, the girls have been in their new swimsuits, waiting patiently for the neighbors to return home so they can swim in their new pool.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved the girls were. Only at one point in time did they try to play hide and seek in the clothes racks, but I put a fast stop to that!

I can't believe how hot it has been. Up to the mid 90s with heat indexes at 105. YUCK! This is an all of a sudden thing because we had been blessed with mild temps for so long. At least there is a nice breeze today and the humidity is not too bad. But this is only the very beginning, it will only get much worse from here.

Tomorrow the girls and I will go to a friend's house around the corner here while our husbands go hang out at the St. Jude golf tourny being held here. Dave won the passes, so he and Kevin were so much more than excited to go! Jen and I will hang out all day and let our kids play. Will be nice :)

Yesterday, I kept Micayla for some of our other church friends....her school was closed due to the ac being broken and they needed someone to keep her in the afternoon....Lord knows everyone steps in to help us, it was the least I could do and I finally had the chance to return the wonderful favors. It was fun. The girls went a bit stir crazy though because we stayed inside ALL day. However, after dinner and playing outside for a bit, the three of us watched Night at the Museum (I'd never seen it all). Good movie!

I've learned that I think I will keep my sanity if I don't just sit here at home every single day. Play dates will help the cause and it appears that the girls can and will behave for me to do the grocery shopping. Hey, even that is a bit of an escape! Staying at home leads to fighting between them, lack of sharing, each getting into the other's things...you name it. They had a lot of fun today helping me pick out fruit, and were such great helpers! I am just not stay at home Mom material...it scares me and I admittedly do not care for it. I am trying though to see how to make it better for me and the girls. If I didn't mind the sun and heat, I'd be outside with them all day. But, I despise the sun and especially the heat. Don't like it, don't care for it, could do without it and could live where it never got above 80 degrees. However, I love everything else about being here so I guess I have to deal with the very hot summers. And so many people do not get the summer off like I do so I will not complain about that either. And even when my girls bicker, I remember not so long ago when my sister and I were exactly the same way. It is just part of being a sister, and besides, the times they do get along wonderfully make up for those when they do not.

Libbi just called her bootie "weird" because every bathing suit she wears "goes in her bootie"...ok, in our terms the girl gets wedgies easily. Must be the shape of her "bootie cheeks", I don't know. She is so funny and goofy. She was just now talking to the Aerial on her bathing suit...oh my.

With that, I will sign off and go start dinner while the girls wait for the neighbors to get back so they can go swim.

evening update:
So, I was about to start dinner and the neighbors came over and told the girls they were ready for them. So, we all made a trek over to the neighbors back yard and WHOAH! They bought a 16 foot pool, 3.5 feet deep! All of our kids were in HEAVEN! We sat and listened to them jump and play and have a ball for about an hour and a half. It was quite nice. Finally, at 8 pm, we came home and decided that dinner was going to be sandwiches. Libbi normally takes her own sweet time to eat, but she practically inhaled the sandwich! Abbi made herself (and ate) a peanut butter and pepperoni sandwich. Turns my stomach just to think of the taste it must have, but she ate the entire thing. I love not having to follow a strict schedule. The girls are off to bed and I can assure you they will sleep well tonight. Libbi is used to 2 hour naps and she got about a 5 minute one today, that's it. Libbi was not afraid of the water at all, she was going under without holding her nose and just having a grand old time!

So, Dave really wants to get us one of these pools now, if so I am getting me a nice lounger to use in it so I can actually enjoy myself while keeping an eye on the girls. Both girls can touch the bottom easily.

I need to get my laptop set up out in the living room so I can sit and enjoy the evenings with Dave while getting work done on here. Thing is, I may have lost or terribly misplaced the wireless card (oops).....Dave will not be a happy camper if that's the case. If it is gone forever, it would had to have slipped out of my laptop case going to and from school.

Well, this was a great day and I am on the quest to continue finding ways to make it a bit easier to handle being home for about ten weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TEACH THEM TO SWIM AND TREAD WATER. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THEY TRULY LEARN TO SWIM!

NONNIE