Thursday, June 19, 2008

cooler weather!

This week, it's only been around 80-82 degrees, so much nicer! In the mornings, it is actually almost chilly outside! I can live with this! Do you know how nice it is to be able to walk barefoot outside and not have your feet burn? In fact, the walkway and driveway have felt cold haha.

This afternoon Abbi has an appointment with her ENT to check the status of her tubes in her ears. She had T-tubes put in about four years ago and they have been bothering her a bit lately. I am thinking it may be about time to get them taken out. We'll see.

Tomorrow morning, I have my interview for the county school district. I am very hopeful that I will quickly get calls for the individual schools to interview. The summer will go MUCH better once I know I have a job. Some of you ask what happens if I do not get a teaching job. Well, I would have to find some other type of work. And if I cannot make what I do salary-wise with teaching, then we may have to move. I don't like the thought of that, but reality is what we need to pay attention to. I will be starting to teach flute lessons in July, I have one student so far. It won't be difficult to get flute students, however right now I do not want to load up on them and then be hired somewhere and have to let them go....that's not fair to them. But, a few sure won't hurt right now.

Also tomorrow is mine and Dave's 10th wedding anniversary. I can hardly believe it has been ten years. The last few months have been difficult, I won't lie. The stress the principal put on me and the way he basically shot down fifteen years of very good teaching hasn't set well with either of us and we differ on our opinions of contacting a lawyer about the way he has treated me. Dave, being the Marine, is fight to the end, and I just want to forget it and move on. Me fighting it could end up coming back to haunt me as well as making things so no other school will want me, principals are not quick to hire those that have put forth lawsuits (win or lose) against others. Plus, it is so much of my word against my Principal's word and he is a STRONG man that would be hard to bring down. He asked others to lie about my situation in front of me, and they agreed. Many of the teachers took to taking their cell phones in to meetings with him and recording the conversations, too bad I wasn't let on to this secret until after the threats were made. Anyways, I just want to move on, and frankly, even though I loved my job, it was a bit too much and took me away from my family way too much of the time. I have to say though that it is very nice knowing I have my time back and I have enjoyed this summer with my girls so far without having to plan shows, schedule contests, hold rehearsals, etc.

Enough said.

We finally got our pool set up....it is 14 feet across and 3.5 feet deep. We'll get a chance to get in tonight, before it gets too chilly outside. I might actually get me a bit of a tan this summer after all! The girls actually have the basics of swimming and Abbi is quite good! I will work with them some more (swimming lessons are so expensive).

Oh, some very neat news. The girls got their placements for dance classes for next year, and Abbi has been invited to be a full fledged member of the dance company! Last year she was just in the mini company, that joined the main company for one dance at the recital and then for the special Christmas parade and nursing home performances. She will take company class year round now and do more dances at the recital (not more costumes lol). I am very proud of her, only on very rare occasions do kids under 10 get selected for the full company. She also was asked to skip a level of the regular classes, so she went form Kids Dance 1 to Kids Dance 3, because of her talent. She was so excited! Libbi was promoted to Kids Dance 1 and asked to be in the mini company. I am not sure she will do the company though because while she loves dance, she is not in love with it the way Abbi is. We'll see though, we have two months to decide.

No big plans for our anniversary, actually no plans at all. We might end up doing something, who knows.

It's been laundry city the last few days and I need to try and accomplish folding it all today, that's my goal. I need to think about what is for dinner too.

Well, I will update after the ENT appointment.

Later......

No comments: