Friday, June 6, 2008

My girls

I am all teary eyed here.....I was updating my church groups email list and the girls came in asking for paper....which I gave them. Abbi and Libbi are sitting at the kitchen table playing school. Abbi is helping Libbi with her letters (the girl cannot write all the letters of the alphabet from memory, or even by sight know what they are...she just hasn't been interested in learning them, carefree girl she is). It so reminds me of doing the same exact thing with my sister when she was just three years old. Michelle could read by the time she was four, little did we know that just playing school and teacher/student would help steer her towards being "gifted".

At this point, if it helps Libbi to get hooked onto her letters, then I will be very happy! Abbi is being so patient, it is amazing. It really does sound like school, they are engrossed in the work and not fighting, yelling, you name it. I dare not go in and interrupt! We need to go to the grocery store, but it can wait a little bit for the school session to be over.

Just had to share a cool moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

playing school is a good thing for A & E. Gives A confidence and fun for E ... It may make learing more fun for them.

Nonnie