I woke up this morning wanting to go outside. I quickly decided to give mowing the lawn a try. it's been a good 5 years since I have done that. Plus I thought it might be nice to do it for Dave. So, out I went and I forgot we have a different mower than we had the last time I did the grass. This one was so easy to start compared to that other one! It took me about 45 minutes, and I did the front and back, but NOT the hill in the back. I thought it would be a very bad thing if I happened to let go of the mower on the steep hill and it went rolling into the woods. If I do say so, it looks pretty good! However, I now have blisters on my feet and also the webby skin between my thumbs and pointers on each hand. OUCH. I even managed to pick up a little bit of sun too, though nothing ouchy there.
The girls then went over to play inside at the neighbors and that gave me a chance to get a much needed shower. Afterwards, it was lunch time then I did something so unlike me. I watched the US Open golf tournament. Tiger Woods was playing this other guy in a tie breaker. I watched the last 6 holes...can you believe that? And I actually sort of enjoyed it!!!! I don't think Dave believed it when I told him, though I called him soon after and he heard the interview with Tiger Woods going on in the background hehe.
I am so sore now. I even soaked in the jacuzzi for a bit tonight in hopes that it will help some. My bed is going to feel REALLY good tonight.
The girls came up with a very good plan for this afternoon. It was near 99 degrees outside, and you can bet I was NOT going back outside. They asked if they could bring their little pool to the backyard and put it outside the window here in the hearth room so I could be inside and still keep an eye on them. WOW...what a brilliant plan! I slathered them in sun block while the pool filled and they had fun for about an hour. Then the neighbors invited them to go over to swim in their bigger pool. Another hour later it was time for everyone to make dinner. I took them outside with me after dinner so I could water my flowers and it became VERY clear that they were dead tired. Libbi was about falling asleep and both started to get cranky with me. They came in, changed for bed and I can assure you they were asleep within minutes of laying down.
WHEW...not a bad day. I think I got my exercise! Now, if I could get back on my diet...I am having a lot of trouble with that.
Headed to a much deserved sleep.....
No comments:
Post a Comment