We've been taking it easy here. I am really enjoying my summer break being with the girls.
So, updates on what we've been up to...
The anniversary cake Friday turned out very well. While I was finishing it, I got a delivery of a dozen pink roses from Dave. One for each year we've been married and two extra for the two years prior that we knew each other. We did not exchange gifts (ok, small pout, but I got over it). I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and that is about the extent of it. I did manage to get the girls into the swimming pool for a bit, but the water was still chilly.
Saturday evening we had the Knight's assembly (from our church only) ladies appreciation dinner, it went well and was nice to get away from the girls for a bit.
Sunday, I played at church, then had to go back for a rehearsal, which I was asked to run for the woodwinds. It went well. Dave took both girls with him to his softball game since my rehearsal was early. I had a few hours at home completely to myself, something I know very little about these days...it was too quiet, but blissful!
Yesterday, I did not feel all that well. The girls and I did the grocery shopping, they really are so helpful and well behaved at this task with just me. Once we got home, I really needed to just lie down and rest. Thankfully, Abbi laid with me and Libbi played upstairs in her room. After a bit, I did feel better. Which is good, because Dave had his installation of officers for the Fourth Degree Knight's at church in the evening. He was officially installed as the Faithful Navigator and the girls and I got to put the medal on him. He will oversee and run the meetings of the fourth degree Knight's...so that's pretty special. After the ceremony, there was pie and ice cream and the girls were happy to see some of their friends.
Today, the girls slept until almost 8:45! That was nice. They played "mommy" and school upstairs for a good long while and we ate a late lunch of leftovers. This afternoon, we slathered on the sunscreen and went out to enjoy the pool for about an hour. The water really felt good, it is finally warming up nicely. Both girls are really doing well on their swimming, I am quite impressed! Libbi will swim underwater too, without holding her nose shut! Abbi is getting quite good at the regular swimming. They are definitely guppies! Libbi's blond hair is turning sun kissed and the girls looks like she is from California! Blond haired, blue eyed beauty! I despise green hair, so every time we are done swimming, we all jump in the shower and wash hair.
I tried something new for dinner tonight. I make this wonderful fake friend chicken with bread crumbs, spices and Parmesan cheese....but I thought I would do a twist and make it into chicken nuggets. The girls love chicken nuggets, Dave loves my fake fried chicken, and with the extra time I have this summer...why not try different things? At first I was going to use the fryer, but, not enough oil and besides, MUCH healthier to bake it. The girls love mashed potatoes, so I did up some of those too. Well, my family LOVED IT! Cleaned their plates and asked for seconds.
Isn't it amazing what I have been deduced to without having to focus on planning for a high school band marching season? I am relaxing, I am enjoying time with the girls, and I have given up trying to keep the house completely clean at all times. Our schedule revolves around much of nothing. The only commitment I have is Orchestra. VERY different from the norm for me. With gas so expensive, we do not stray far from home. Thankfully, the grocery is only a few miles from our house. When I need to go do other errands, I try to combine things and go into the main area of life, shopping, etc....about 12 miles from here. Gas is just so expensive! It is working so far. I do feel badly though, the girls are getting bored mainly just having each other to play with. Some of our friends are on vacation. The girls are so used to daycare and being around so many other kids. They get a little burnt out on being together. I get a little burnt out on being with them 24 hours straight, I really do not know how stay at home Moms do it. Do you know how tough it is to diet? I am failing miserably at it. I need to jump back on that ship, I really do.
I have yet to hear from any principal concerning an interview, I sure hope to soon!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment