Pretty busy day for the clan here! I am so glad to be back home! It was a nice day though.
So, let's start at the beginning. The interview was at 9:30 am and it was a LONG way away. I missed the building (who knew a school could look like a warehouse that wasn't marked by the street??) and I did almost end up in Mississippi. That's when I knew to turn around.
The interview was nice...I really liked the principal. Down to earth woman and so sweet! However, I really disliked the school! It is a completely open air school, meaning there are absolutely no walls that enclose the 22 classrooms. There are partitions and you can see and hear ALL across to everything. Only the gym and music room and offices are within their own enclosed rooms (with doors as the principal put it). The building used to be a grocery store that was only open one year, it has now been a school for 3 years. Just use your imagination....a grocery store made into many classrooms that all can hear and see each other. Oh gosh.
Anyways, the principal did like me, but she could sense that it was just too far to drive for me and asked me how long it took me to get there. I was honest with her, that I was worried about the commute and being so far away from my children. Dave already works 35 minutes from home, me working that far too would mean neither of us could get to them in a pinch if needed.
Anyways, it is 11 classes of kindergarten and 11 classes of first grade. The daily schedule sounds pretty nice. The building is clean. The children are almost all African American. The principal was impressed with my discipline information and how I deal with conduct and grading (I showed her my portfolio). She said she was making a decision tomorrow evening. She also said that if she were to offer it to me, she would understand if I took a few weeks to decide and see if anything opens up closer to my home within the district. That impressed me!
So, we'll see.
Next, I came home to rescue the babysitter and we loaded the van up to visit the library here. We'd never been before so it was an adventure! I LOVE living in a small town, we had the whole place practically to ourselves and the librarians were just so neat in helping the girls! We all got library cards and the girls felt so grown up! They each picked about 10 books (I picked two myself!). They were signed up for the Summer Reading Program and we have to keep track of the time they read, or I read to them....really neat! While the adult section did not have a lot to select from, there were SO many children's books! My girls are in love! You can keep the books for 3 weeks. I can't tell you how long it's been since even I had a library card!
We then went to a little pizza place around the corner form the library for lunch....had a great time! We came back home to rest for an hour, only to load back in the van to go to Abbi's ENT appointment.
ENT UPDATE:
The ears look great! She will go back in September and then her surgery to remove the tubes will be scheduled for October. He said he does not want to take them out now because she wouldn't be able to swim for a week or two and that would be so hard for her for the summer. He did say though that if anything comes up with her ears this summer to call him instead of the regular doc, because it may be her body rejecting them further and he wants to keep infections away and/or remove the tubes quickly if need be. Going to her regular doc adds a step in the process that is unnecessary. So, the surgery will work like this....he takes the tubes out, then makes incisions behind her ears to take a flap of fat out that he then will place in the hole left in the eardrum. It will protect the ear while the eardrum grows and repairs itself, and sing one's own fat/skin will allow it to heal. Apparently the ears like to reject foreign objects.
So, that was a good report!
At the ENT, Libbi was sitting on my lap, she felt warm to me and her nose started to run a little bit. She was acting normal and running all over, and still is as I type this, but she felt warm. Since we got home, she has been sniffly. She may have a bug settling in. I pray it is nothing worse that would involve throwing up...because I sure do not want that!
We came home from that, somehow managing to NOT get stuck in traffic and made leftovers for dinner and are now headed outside to play. I am not kidding when I say that my girls have spent since noon reading! They need to play hehe.
I am in a better mood today. It is so very hard to be patient. I can't believe how quickly the week has gone! Well..off to go outside for a bit and enjoy the daylight left, and water my flowers and take a walk. I have done a LOT better getting back on my diet the past two days, so perhaps a walk too will be in the works.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment