Thursday, June 5, 2008

A movie....kept me up very late

So, I got home from orchestra practice and turned on tv, and got engrossed in a movie. That's NO typical of me these days. The Memory Keeper's Daughter, about a set of twins (boy girl) and how they were separated at birth and raised apart. I am not going to get into the whole story, but here it is 1 am and I am just now headed to bed. It was pretty good.

Today was a nice day. We spent the day with Jennifer, Conner and Ashley while Dave and Kevin went to the St. Jude Fed Ex golf tournament (Dave won 2 VIP passes for the clubhouse, hospitality etc for today through Sunday). It was a very nice day! This evening I had orchestra, so got to escape for a bit.

Right after dinner, Libbi went to the couch and laid down and fell right asleep. She was so tired. Dave said that Abbi went up to swim at a friend's house and when she got home she too fell right asleep. EASY night for him. My goal for tomorrow is to clear the winter clothes out of the girls' rooms and make room for the summer clothes and make sure of what fits who. In other words, we are staying home! I have had two VERY good days....seems to me that staying home all day, every day is not the best option. The girls love doing different things, so I need to find us places to go and people to see for some of our weeks to help break it all up. Naturally, looking for free or low cost, yet still interesting to keep the attention of the girls and be fun. Tomorrow (well, today now) though we will stay home.

Off to bed I go. Wonder how early the girls will wake considering they fell asleep so early?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I taped Memory Keepers' and watched it twice... very moving film. It's good to stay home and play as children too you know. Don't feel pressured to run around with the price of gas etc. Think of "staycation" I love being home. Do fun things with your kids at home and let them be kids and have good imaginations!

Nonnie