I got a call this afternoon, I have an interview at a Primary School (kindergarten and first grade only) tomorrow morning, at a school that is probably the furthest away in the district. It is almost in Mississippi!
I am not happy, it is 32 miles to this school and over an hour drive one way. The thought of my gas bill (filling up every 3 or 4 days) is staggering. I also really do not desire to teach just the little ones. However, because I am jobless, I really cannot be too picky. I am not happy, this would mean I could not get home in time to get the girls to their ballet and dance classes...they would have to quit because of me.
The choir job at the school close to here fell through. Because of the new highly qualified status teachers all have to have, which is related to a number of things, but mainly your area of certification and test scores, I cannot teach choir in the district. I am highly qualified in band and general music. Oh, I was getting excited about that job too! Now I can't go for it. And to think just a few years ago this very district forced me to teach choir, I had absolutely no choice. Oh well.
I am getting to the point where I almost have no desire to teach anymore. It saddens me to feel this way, but I just am not finding joy in having to start all over again. Truthfully, I want to go blow this interview....tell the principal that the school is too far for me and that after giving up three years of my family, I cannot put them second behind my job yet again. However, I have my family to think of and a paycheck, and I COULD end up loving the job, if I am even offered it in the first place.
I am so torn right now. I could get out of teaching all together, but it would probably mean losing the house. I am good at a lot of things (not good at staying home 24 hours a day), and I bet I could find something. It's doubtful it could pay like my teaching has, but frankly I have no idea and won't know unless I have to try.
This is disheartening. So much has been ruined for me by that man. Each time I am given a glimmer, it is taken away by some other road block. Part of me is starting to think I just am not meant to be in the teaching field. I love it and I am good at it, but all this junk is really old.
Did I mention that Abbi also has her follow-up appointment with the ENT tomorrow afternoon, also back down close to where the interview is? That means I will be putting near 70 miles on my van for the interview, then 55-60 for the ENT visit. Too bad the interview is at 9:30 am and the ENT visit is at 3:15 pm, so I couldn't even begin to think of looping them together.
I am sorry this s such a downer post. The girls were a handful today as well. They kept telling me their rooms were clean, and I did not believe them and went upstairs. What a mess! So, we spent 1.5 hours cleaning, organizing, vacuuming, etc. It was 1:30 pm before we sat down to lunch! They were good for the cleaning part actually. After lunch, I was doing some cleaning and trying to get them to help...nope, had to ask too many times, then they started bickering with each other. I had planned a trip to the library to check out books, they lost that privileges yesterday for fighting and talking back, and lost it today as well. We did get a lot accomplished today though.
Sigh...will give an update after the interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment