Thursday, June 19, 2008

Evening Edition

Abbi's ENT appointment went well. She does have infections in both ears, but not in the ears. Instead, it is on the tube. What happens is the body starts to reject the tubes and grows a blister like thing over the tube opening. It can become infected, and Abbi's have on both ears. In some cases, it does not get infected and just continues to grow and turn into normal skin. So, since hers were infected, she was prescribed antibiotic ear drops to use for six days. Next Thursday, we will go back for him to take another lool. It is likely that then he will say it is time for the tubes to come out, but we'll see. She did have a full hearing test and she did great and had no problems there. They came and took her from me and had me stay with Libbi. When the kids are old enough to do the tests on their own, they like to because parents can be distracting, and sisters, well....distracting is an understatement haha.

Yes, I also asked to make sure the swimming wasn't making her ears worse or if she should steer clear of the water...he said nope. He said not to do anything special or different, no restrictions.

I am glad I got her in, she had been complaining that her ears were bothering her a little bit, and I had a hunch something had changed with the tubes, I was right.

We also tried out the pool this evening, how nice! Although after 2 hours it was chilly! The girls just wore themselves out and it was hard to get them to finish dinner without falling asleep. Libbi actually begged to go on to bed, how funny is that? Now, if it doesn't rain tomorrow afternoon, we may just get to try the thing out in the sunshine and heat.

No comments: