I got a call today from the financial secretary at my old school, apparently 2 vice principals (out of 6) and 14 teachers (out of about 110) quit today alone at the school, because of the principal! WOW.....that just goes to show you how unreasonable he is. She couldn't give me many details, because her office is right across from the principal and she was whispering as it was to tell me about the mass exodus.
We are having a nice day here. The girls helped make their lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches. Even Libbi ate it, and she doesn't usually. I think because I let her help....maybe I should let her help with everything I make and she may broaden her taste buds!
The girls have spent the morning reading and reading, then reading some more! After lunch, they went upstairs and are quietly playing barbies. I've not felt all that great, real achy and a touch of a headache. I get to watch my one soap...DAYS, and then we are GOING to conquer folding all the laundry. It is pretty hot outside and we'll try our best to wait for Dave to get home from work to get in the pool all together. I don't think there is anything on the agenda until tomorrow evening when I have a dress rehearsal for the fireworks (kinda neat, the pyro guys will be there to hear us play and make sure that everything is in order for Sunday night since the music we are playing is timed with the fireworks show). I may have to ask Dave to video tape the fireworks because they will be shot off behind me and I want to see! The church is having 6 cameras shoot, and there will be two huge jumbo tron televisions set up. The conductor has timed everything with the film crew (this is normal, since every church service is filmed, every special concert, etc). There will be several times I will be the "star of the show" when I have solos....Carter keeps telling me where my camera moments will be, how funny is that? We are going to be hot! At least the temps and humidity are supposed to be lower, the rain should come earlier and not affect the firework show. We are wearing white dinner jackets, black shirts/pants and you KNOW my hair will be up. They will have 2 of the church buses set up and in between our sets we will go relax in them (ac, water, fruit). That should help some! Can you tell, I am quite excited about this.
Other subjects....
I was watering my flower and such last night and my purple crape myrtles are about to bloom! The one in the front has tons and tons of buds! My red ones have started to bud too. I am hoping that my pink one does bloom this year....it didn't last year (we had a late freeze that stunted lots of the flowering trees, without killing them).
I am rambling now, so I'll just stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment