The Fourth Degree Knights completed their "journey" this evening and after a Mass given in their honor, there was of course a big reception! CONGRATS to our friend Kevin for taking this final step. It was a very nice evening! Kevin's wife Jennifer and I drove together, after leaving our four kids with a babysitter here at our house. We all sat with an 85 year old man who looked no older than 60, he was an amazing man! Dave took a fast liking to him because he was a Marine and they shared stories. Was really nice.
The kids all clearly had a great time with Rosemary, the church nursery coordinator/babysitter who aways watches our kids for the various meetings at church. This woman knows our children extremely well and they adore her. She is like a grandmother to them! We did not worry in the least. Plus our kids get along so well with each other. Our friends are leaving tomorrow for Connecticut (home) for 2-3 weeks, we will sure miss them!
So, last night we got storms and almost two inches of rain. We sure needed it, and I LOVED the rumbly thunder. There was only a few minutes of a few really loud claps of thunder, and it brought the girls squealing and screaming downstairs to our room. We got them settled out in the living room and they fell back asleep and Dave and I enjoyed the rumbling. I just love stormy nights, when it is rumbly and not ear splitting loud. I recall a night that Dave and I had rented a cabin in Hocking Hills, Ohio and it was awful storms the whole trip there. We had to dash a few hundred yards through the woods in the dark to get to our cabin and we got drenched. However, once we got settled and the storm subsided, we were then blessed with a few hours of rumbly thunder that just echoed and echoed through the hills...VERY nice and relaxing.
So, for the really neat news for the day! We were about to leave the church this evening and were saying goodbye to some friends. We'd yet to talk to them this evening, so we made a point to say goodbye. They had a friend with them, and they introduced us. Well, you know when you get that odd sensation that you think you might know the person or even be related to them? Well..that happened tonight. This friend we were introduced to is actually part of our family. Maureen is married to Dave's Aunt's brother. She lives here, and for a few minutes we got all up to date on the family we all know (Dave's Dad's brothers and sisters lol). How cool is that? She is a lovely woman. I happened to have a picture of the girls on my cell phone so we showed her that. NEAT!
The only downfall to the evening is that a mosquito bit me on my chest, in two places. So, I have an itchy chest. I try not to be outside after dusk without bug spray on. Hopefully it wasn't a spider, I detest them.
Just a nice note to be able to show the girls in the future. I deemed it bathroom cleaning day and they BEGGED to each get their own bathroom to clean...so I let them! I handed out the Clorox wipes and let them at it. In a few short years they will not volunteer, and I will have to force them to clean, I just wanted proof here for them to see one day how they adored bathroom cleaning! They fight over who gets to clean what spot in my big bathtub as well. Their other new thing is to fight over who gets to vaccuum. Are these my children??? Too bad they are not so eager to clean their rooms, but at least in the summer I have swimming and playing outside to bribe them with. That does help. However, it did take about 3 hours for them to get around to folding blankets I asked them to fold..selective hearing/listening, I know, how convienent. They id get it done though.
:) Another good day. Tomorrow sees me playing at church in the morning 8:30-12 , coming home to switch off parents so Dave can go to his two softball games, then back to church from 4-6 for a special orchestra rehearsal. Hmm, what weekend will we all be together for more than just a few hours? Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment