Well, around 5:15 pm I deemed it time to go outside and fill the girls pool to let them play in it. They'd been pretty decent inside all day and it was just too hot to go out (97 degrees). Dave wasn't yet home from work and with us being home this evening I knew I could delay dinner indefinitely. Well, he pulls in the driveway as I am filling the pool and goes inside to change. By the time he came outside, Hanna (a little girl from up the street) was down asking if the girls could go swimming in her pool. Well, they just had a huge in ground pool put in and they of course were quick to say YES! So, Dave and I grabbed our shoes and made the trek up the street, as I did not feel right just sending my two young girls up there for Karen and Phillip to keep an eye on. So, we get up there and oh what fun! I had yet to see a close up and in person view of the pool and wow it is nice! It has a raised, attached hot tub, that you can keep the same temp as the pool (but still enjoy the jets), so I sat there with my feet in the entire time! It is a chemical friendly pool, and is salt water, no wonder I did not smell chlorine and my skin did not get that weird feeling. Three hours later we made the trek back home...it was dark and a storm was coming, and besides, NONE of us had eaten dinner. The girls cried, they so did not want to come home. So, at 9:30 pm, it became a night of a question for dinner (what do you want to eat???)...that NEVER happens. I planned on making a certain thing, and Dave and I did still eat that, but there was absolutely no way that the girls were going to stay awake while I cooked. I stuck them in the shower as I warmed up Abbi's spaghetti and got Libbi a bologna sandwich.
What a nice evening! We only had to catch the girls and pull them to the side of the pools once each. Libbi's intertube flipped and she got scared and while she was kicking, she was not moving her arms and the look on her face was pure fear. Then another time, Abbi was getting tired and was in the deep end and got a little winded so we had to grab her then. She is a good swimmer considering she has had no lessons. Both times we just had to step on the ledge inside the pool and reach out to them. I can see just how easy it is for little ones to drown, and how fast it could indeed happen. I felt better being there, though I know our friends would have watched just as carefully. I gave us all the chance to enjoy being together and talk. Not bad for an evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment