Saturday, June 7, 2008

FUN day!!!!

There's something to be said about my husband being home on a weekend morning. I slept really good last night and woke up around 8:30 am refreshed. Dave was up around 7:30 and he went on up to give me a chance to sleep in a bit once the girls got up. NICE! Though I would have rather spent the time with him....

So, the girls got up and we went outside for a little bit while it was still somewhat cool out. Dave had a walk through of the neighborhood with the homeowners association at 9. Soon after he got back from that he was off with a neighbor to go back to the golf thing. I don't recall spending this much time with my girls as I have in the past week! Once lunchtime came, we went in and had lunch then watched Princess Diaries #2 (I'd never seen all of it). We then got ready to head to the mall to get a gift for a birthday party the girls were invited to today. We paid a visit to the Disney Store, planning to get a gift certificate, but instead walking out with a really cool fairy doll set that was about a third of the regular cost! She LOVED it!

The party was at a local place where you get the party room to yourself for an hour. It has a giant inflatable slide and several other huge inflatables. The kids run around and have a blast and the parents usually stand and watch, BUT...we decided to slide too. Oh man, what fun! I went down the slide three times before my heart was going a bit too fast for my liking. I had to stop, as since my pulmonary embolism, I am not allowed to let the heart get too fast because it will pump too much blood to my one leg that the valve is damaged in. That could then cause a huge problem of the blood not being able to get out of the leg and then lead to a bigger set of problems. I felt bad not being able to just have fun with my girls...but my life is far more important to them. But it sure was fun to slide down with them in my arms lol. However, the girls ran around for a full hour sliding, bouncing and just enjoying themselves. Libbi would run up to the top of the slide and bounce up, plop down and slide down, blond hair flying behind her. Oh she was so funny! Abbi was into sliding down with other adults or the birthday girl. After all the bouncing and sliding, the take the group into a room where pizza, cake, and presents are. The workers clean up (even keeping up with who gave what gifts and keeping the trash in the right place)! They make it so easy for parents.

Once we left there, I had to get home quick to pick Dave up and get ready to go to a dinner with him for the Knight's. Our friends kept the girls (usual babysitter was busy). We went to Macaroni Grill, there were about 45 people there in our group....we are the youngest lol. It was nice but MAN, they gave us so much food...we barely ate a third of it and brought the rest home. Once we got the girls and got home, it was near 10 pm. The girls HAD to get a rinse off shower as they were so sweaty. It was a full bath night, but they were so tired. A rinse off was in order to get rid of the grime and they will wash hair in the morning. I think they were asleep before their heads hit the pillow.

Tomorrow is another busy day, I have to play two services in the morning with the orchestra. I'll then come home for a few hours before heading back for another practice then a concert performance with a visiting music/songwriter. Some of the opportunities I have been a part of with this orchestra have been really neat! I am enjoying it.

No comments: