The girls and I stayed home today. We slept (dozed) until about 9 am then started the day. The girls mostly amused themselves while I worked on straightening and cleaning. We try to stay inside until early evening because it is so hot...mid 90s...ugh. I am happy to report that both girls and myself got naps this afternoon. I dozed more or less with Abbi, while Libbi found my bed to be a place for her to crash. It took about an hour for them to settle down and nap.
They both were eager to help me make dinner, red beans and rice with turkey sausage. Libbi doesn't eat it, but she loves helping and stirred the sausage like a pro! I am excited to have them help this summer cooking things I haven't had time to cook in a good long while! I had forgotten that Dave had a meeting and wouldn't be eating, so there is a lot left over. Libbi ate cereal. Like I have said...I KNOW what she doesn't like, so when I make something she doesn't like I will let her have a sandwich or cereal....I refuse to cook anything special just for her. However, I also will not insist that she eats things she has tried and clearly does not like. If it is something I know she likes and she just doesn't want to eat it, then no alternative is given.
After dinner and clean-up, I took them outside. It was actually not too hot and felt good. I got their pool set up, but then trying to get the hose hooked up....oh my! Dave has some sort of connection thingy that is tricky. Oh, I wasn't a pretty sight getting all frustrated at the dumb hose connector (and I couldn't just take it off either). My girls were driving me bonkers, getting in my face as I was covered in mud from each time the water pressure made the hose shoot off the spicket connector. SOMEHOW, I did something though that made the things lock together and WHOO HOO, I was in business. So, I get water in their pool, and they barely played in it. That's ok, they did some and just being outside was nice for them. I watered my plants and flowers too. We came inside and they got ready for bed and we sat on the couch for a bit reading.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment