Wow, so I did not crawl into bed until after 5 am. I had trouble falling asleep and got to watching a movie. At 3 am, I hear a tv on upstairs and hear the girls giggling and getting in and out of bed. I went upstairs and they were having a little party in Libbi's room. Apparently Libbi woke up and then woke Abbi up. This is two nights straight Libbi has been awake at 3 am to watch some show on the disney channel.....grrr. I think part of it is I also had her nap during the days proceeding and so today I did not put her down for a nap in hopes that she would be really tired. I went upstairs three times between 3 and 5 pm, I would get settled in my bed then I would hear them up and about. So, the last time, I made them get in their own rooms (I let the slumber party in each other's rooms and they do a good job) and turned tvs off. I crawled in bed around 5:15 pm and finally fell asleep. The girls and I both slept in until after 8:30 am, then I dozed for a bit longer while they got their breakfast. I felt pretty good considering no sleep, and Libbi fared quite well too!
However, Abbi, oh wow. Where do I start? The girl spent over two hours in her room, grounded there for pushing her sister and not following my directions and talking back. When she went up, she was screaming and kicking her door, so she got a spanking, her tv unplugged, and hot sauce on her tongue. That finally made her realize I was tired fo her behavior. She pulled herself together and cleaned her room. She got very bored and kept nicely asking to come down, but I would not let her.
Libbi helped me make broiled fish (fish sticks for the girls lol) for dinner. When Dave got home, Abbi was freed from her room. She was quite the model of great behavior and we had a very nice evening!
We went outside for a bit and I watered the flowers while the girls played. Libbi asked to try her bike without her training wheels too...so off they came. Dave helped her while I snapped pictures. She did manage to do a little bit on her own, but certainly has more practice to go! Then the girls and I just sat outside on the driveway enjoying the nice weather, I took lots of pictures and hopefully Dave can get them online soon!
We came back inside and it was shower time for the girls.....all was well until after Abbi got out. Her attitude started up again and she ended upstairs in bed without any family time on the couch. She took to screaming and throwing things so Dave went up and she got yet another spanking, her second of the day. Libbi went on up to bed too. All is quiet, though we have storms coming.
GEESH! She is pushing us all. She tries to manage Libbi, she talks back to us and can get mean and pushy with Libbi. Granted this is only a very small portion of the time, but when it happens man oh man. I am being very firm with her, because I will not tolerate the behaviors. I know the girls are both probably missing all the interaction they are used to with school or daycare, but we cannot afford to keep them in for the summer and with me off work they may as well be with me. I love being with them, but I am now with them ALL the time except about 3 hours on Wed night for orchestra and 4-6 hours on Sunday when I am playing services. It will drive me to insanity if I don't get it worked out now and be firm with her. I really use spanking as a very, very last resort once all other avenues have been attempted.
It wasn't a bad day....was fairly lazy on my part with operating on so few hours of sleep. Dave will also be busy all day tomorrow and Sunday with Knight's stuff Sat and softball Sunday...I so need a break away from the kids with my friends. I look forward to a weekend where I get a weekend instead of having it be like every day of my usual week lol.
So, all is quiet in our house now. Dave is on his laptop across from me playing games and I am here updating and enjoying the peace and quiet. BUT, I hear thunder, so the storms are coming. SIGH, the girls will be down here soon and I was looking forward to time with Dave.
ANYWAYS, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for Abbi. Dave has a 4th degree with the Knight's tomorrow and our friend Kevin is making his 4th degree. His wife Jennifer and I will join our guys for the mass and dinner. Dave has to make a speech because he is an officer in the 4th degree. This is a dress up affair (the guys all wear their full tuxes), so I need to figure out what I am going to wear. How exciting! An evening with adults YAY!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment