Monday, June 9, 2008

household office manager

Today has been about getting appointments set for the girls, making a TO DO list for me, making the dinner menu for the next two weeks, clearing out both work briefcases, re-organizing my work thumb drive/files, and the same old laundry and housework. The girls have mostly played nicely together and allowed me the time to do all of this. They each got a time-out just once for bickering.

So, the girls both go to the dentist tomorrow morning, Abbi will go to the ENT for her yearly check up next week (perhaps to schedule getting tubes out as well), then Libbi goes in for yearly check-up and kindergarten shots July 17 and Abbi goes for her yearly check-up Aug 20. We are trying a new dentist here in town, I figure with gas so expensive and both girls in school here that perhaps that would be a wise decision. I may well switch to this dentist as well if I like the office tomorrow.

It was nice to go through and clean out my briefcases, I threw a lot of stuff away. My main briefcase will now be used for hauling my flute/piccolo and accessories while my other one will hold important work papers and things I will soon be incorporating into my teaching portfolio. I need that updated by next Friday as I have an interview for the county school system then. Perhaps soon I will begin to tackle the boxes in the garage of all my teaching things I brought home...some are organized, some are not and I feel it best to consolidate and put things together that belong together, etc. That way when I go back to teaching everything is in its' right place.

I took last week as a gentle transition into summer, but now I need to get to work on my list!

I got my laptop out and am anxious to get it back and running Internet-wise here at home. Dave will help me with that tonight. I still cannot find my newer network wireless card, so I cannot hook up to the Internet yet. Hopefully Dave can help me figure something out because I desperately need to check my work email and the link to it with my password is on my laptop.

I wish there was some sort of work that I could do here at home, on my computer. Work to be PAID for. Wishful thinking!

OK, break time over and I need to get back to work and then making dinner.

No comments: