Imagine that, it rained again this evening. The first line of storms was really just a very hard downpour, and we are about to get some more storms soon. The girls didn't stay upstairs in their bed long and are sleeping on the living room floor right now. I am anxious to check our rain gauge tomorrow morning and see what we get.
My guard girls are off competing with Capella right now at World Championships, and they finished 5th in prelims (out of around 70-80 groups). They perform in semi-finals tomorrow morning. They should have no problem making finals, which are tomorrow afternoon.
VERY busy with work. We teachers were asked to submit some things which require us all to put in several hours of work and it's stressing us greatly. More so because of how time consuming it is on top of it being the end of a grading period and the usual end of year things. It is just nuts and trying to teach and get everything done is not easy. I have a good portion of it kicked out of the way and done, some we can only do at school because we need district database access that we only have there. I am doing what I can here at home too. I think I'll finish it early and get it turned in (has to do with grade books and attendance records, we were told before school started to use our own system, which we could easily explain, decipher, etc. We all did that. Well, some teachers didn't keep good records and when parents demanded them, they couldn't be produced (not me, mine are kept very well). SO, the administration decided to call for a collection of them, yet we now need to follow the format they set forth for us yesterday and we have to have all of our stuff up to par and turned in for the entire school year to now by April 18. ACK...I have to get a lot of mine updated to the system they want and it's time-consuming. We'll be in trouble if we don't get it right. We all feel they should have collected or at least checked our books periodically and that would have avoided the embarrassment they felt when a parent demanded something and they couldn't produce it from the teacher. So, now we must conform to the format and organize 8 months of work in a week.
:)
I still have to order the last bit of awards for the band banquet and then tomorrow I have to order the flower bulbs from the fundraiser we did. Actually that sounds worse than it is because everything is almost prepped already.
I folded three weeks of laundry tonight, I kept saying I was going to do it then I'd get occupied. Like I always say, I can wash and dry it, but folding it just is the last thing on my agenda it seems. I don't despise it, I just cannot go up the stairs much to put it all away. I also must say that I at least keep all my clean, unfolded clothes in laundry baskets, and I do hang up things needing hanging right out of the dryer, so I am not keeping piles of clothes in random places.
I am rambling, guess that means it is time to stop for the day here. Sorry this is not full of any useful information.
No comments:
Post a Comment