Saturday, April 12, 2008

Miss Judge

Well, I judged 70 flute players today, and don't tell anyone, but I actually had fun too! Most were pretty good, one was PHENOMENAL and a few were pretty bad. A large majority were middle school students, and I was reminded how sweet they still are, and how innocent and sponge-like they are! It excites me more to remember this about that age of kids. They are relatively untouched by the worldly ways the high school kids more or less have to be like today, and while I am leaving one dream and left without a music or career related dream, I know that I belong with the younger kids. Don't think for a second I am putting down my high school students, they are nice and work hard, but there's something about the younger ones I saw today.

An easy day of work for a real nice paycheck :)

I was then off to church to help work the Steak Night dinner, and that was really nice! Once the workers finally got to sit down and eat was the best part....it is so yummy! Apparently, the girls went up with Dave around 3 pm (dinner was at 6:30) and they helped some of the other ladies set the tables and decorate. I was given many compliments on my girls, how nice! Afterwards, when I sprung them from the babysitting room, they helped us clean up and ate a little bit of leftover baked potato and corn lol. They'd had pizza for dinner but you know how kids like to eat what their parents ate sometimes. I as very proud of their behavior and they minded me and were showered with love from everyone else. When we got home, I then had some fairly dirty kids so it was straight to the shower and TWO HAIR WASHINGS for each girl tonight. My kids won the "stinky girls with dirty hair" awards , if any such exist. I am happy to report that they are now clean and smell very nice!

It will be another early morning tomorrow. I will be home in the afternoon though for a few hours and hope to get a nap...YAY! It was a really nice day today and I am very excited about playing tomorrow morning with my big solo!

OH, I forgot to type about it last night, Dave and I went out to dinner to Chili's and a waitress walking by dropped an entire order of chips and salsa on me....the salsa hit my thigh and leg and was everywhere! khaki pants...ugh. Oh well, our entire dinner was paid for and they gave me a card to call them in case my pants do not come clean. They handled it very nicely, which really helped lessen how mortifying it was to be covered in salsa and smell lol. One second thought, I might have typed about this last night....if so, PLEASE forgive my weary brain.

Good day today and hope I can have a nice big string of them!

:)

No comments: