The girls each got one of their costumes for the dance recital this week in their dance classes. Abbi's class is dancing to SPLISH SPLASH and she has a cute terry cloth pink costume with a matching shower cap...too cute! At the end of her dance, 8 little girls slip into big washtubs, so cool! Libbi is dancing tap to BOOGIE WOOGIE PIGGIES and her costume is a 50's style pink velvet with a feather head cap thing (and some sequins on the very top of the front bodice). She really seems to love the dance! Abbi will dance with the studio company as well, I can't remember which song. For that she will wear her company black velvet warm-up suit. Both girls then are in the grand Ballet, which is where each class has a dance that tells the story of a book that their teacher has selected. I cannot remember the title of the book, but Libbi is "WIND" and Abbi is "WAVES". This segment of the show is all ballet and the girls all wear rental costumes. The studio has many sets of costumes, and each year they use ones to fit the theme. Otherwise, we'd have to buy 2-3 costumes per girl and this makes it a ton easier!
Both girls are doing awesome with their dance classes, especially Libbi! I ran across pictures today of her from a year ago and wow she is growing up. They both are.
Work went well today, I got a lot more knocked off on the "project" of redoing the grade book and such. I think I will be done well before the deadline of next Friday. I also had a few minutes where I started gathering things to take home from my office. On the last day of school, I want to sign out and leave without having to worry about loading all my stuff or hanging around. I'd brought years worth of teaching stuff (and gathered more) in 3 years as I had planned on staying at this position for a good long time.
I wish I could stop feeling bitter about how this has turned out, but I can't. It's difficult, but I do the best I can.
Onto better things....
The winter guard competed at semi finals today and finished 4th place in that. This evening the competed in WORLD FINALS and earned a BRONZE MEDAL for third place. I am sure they are just so excited. I am very proud of them. I can't wait to hear all their stories and see their medals on Monday. I am hoping a video makes its way to class too so I can see!
Well, I have to be up in 6.5 hours to go judge a solo and ensemble contest so I should go get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment