Yes, I sat here and watched the entire game, though I was multi-tasking and also watching the Passion Play dvd and doing some work.
So sad, Memphis was ahead most of the game and Kansas tied it up at the end of regulation. In the last minute or so of the regular game, Memphis started making dumb mistakes. In the overtime, they looked far less than impressive. To my untrained eye, it looked as though they got tired or they gave up a little bit. HOWEVER, such an amazing year and it is still a very high honor to have gotten this far. Many good memories those kids will take with them. I know I have tons from when I was in the Final Four in 1993 with the band. Dave went over to the neighbor's to watch the game, I stayed here since the girls were asleep.
OK...basketball is OVER yipee!
OK, so update on my job....I exchanged emails with my supervisor today and they want me to teach at the brand new middle school opening in fall 2009. HOWEVER, there is one school year between now and then. He asked me if I would be willing to teach elementary general music with Orff for a year then move to the new school....I said yes. he does know that I am going for the new middle school that the county district is opening as well, and he has put in great words for me with that newly named principal and they are heavily discussing me. SO....looks like I may have OPTIONS, how nice! Dropping to elementary isn't my first choice, however, it is a good choice as a transition year. Elementary music would be a nice break from the intensity of being a high profile high school director lol.
We'll see what plays out for me, but knowing I have a job is nice, knowing my supervisor thinks highly of me and so do others higher up in the district means a great deal to me. I will be staying home from work tomorrow to finish up my application and taking a mental day lol.
Wouldn't it be so great to finish this school year with something all lined up already?
It is watch week at the dance studio this week...meaning we get to go inside the studio and watch them practice their dances for the recital. They'll also get their costumes....they are excited! They will have pictures made on April 19. The time is just going by so fast!
It was a very pretty day today. Once I got home from Abbi's dance class, we all stayed outside fr a good hour talking to neighbors and enjoying the warm temps of about 80 degrees and the SUNSHINE. Rain is returning tomorrow night.
The girsl did not have a good evening of getting along together. Time out was the norm. They must have been tired, because that is the only time there is almost total meltdown and complete disreguard for being nice to each other on both their parts. However, they give me those moments on evenings like this where it's clear how much they adore each other by hugging and saying goodnight to each other or working together on some task.
I slept poorly last night. My neighbor yesetrday was telling me that some people a few doors up had a cop at their house then the next day had a security system installed. No other details, but it must not have set well with me the possibility of a break-in close to here. Our bedroom is downstairs and I just listened to everything and couldn't fall asleep...I'd start to fall asleep then not be able to. I might have fallen asleep by 2 am and had to wake at 6 am. Suprisingly, I didn't feel too bad. I really was worried about someone coming in our house. Sure, we have an alarm system, but really, someone COULD be in then out before the police ever got here. I hate thinking of how bad that could be. OK JEN, time to not think like that.
Well, I do need to head to bed as soona s I pick out clothes for the girls to wear to school tomorrow.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment