Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WOW, teaching opportunities

Well, I believe I updated about my options for my job for this coming year. I've also mentioned that Bellevue wants me to teach flute lessons, well, I had a meeting with them tonight. They'd like me to teach flute lessons, flute ensemble (1 or 2), 5th grade band and also 6th grade band. WOW. We'll start with the flute lessons, as I am actively pursuing a regular school teaching job. I must get paid what I am now, and I do not see that happening even if I were to work at Bellevue with the same hours. I am not sure of what the pay would be, but just cannot imagine it'd be what is necessary. However, I am staying open to the idea. SO much less stress.

Next step is to find out pay and they are giving me the necessary paperwork next week.

SO..more big news! I found out this evening that I was selected to judge solo and ensemble this weekend...YAHOO! That's a paying gig and a NICE amount for working just 8 am - 4 pm.

MORE big news. I show up to orchestra practice this evening and we get ready to play, and Carter looks at me and said...JENNIFER, give her the solo part. COME HERE girl, you are soloing Sunday. WHAT?!?!?!?! In front of 6000 people (at each service) I get to stand alone (well, it is actually a duet with a soprano sax, but it's a huge deal) in front of a mic and play my heart out. OMG, they picked me. I had no idea, no warning, he said Jen, your gig. You can sure bet I am trying to see if they record that part of the service lol.

An awful lot of good stuff for one evening, after a somewhat cruddy work day. I am tired and I am trying to also get some laundry done. I've GOT to get it folded, I have it mostly caught up wash/dry-wise, but am two weeks behind in folding...ugh. Thankfully I will be home tomorrow after school and all evening. We are supposed to get some pretty bad storms though.

Well, I need to get off of here and go get ready for my bed. ahhhhhh, bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were looking for another job. I thought you were going to be the band director forever.. Message me on yahoo messenger and catch me up to speed...Nonnie