Thursday, April 24, 2008

I don't feel well

I am very rarely sick, but I woke up today just not feeling very well. Sore throat, achy, tired, and generally just blah. I did go to work and managed to get through. After dinner tonight, I laid down on the couch and dosed for about two hours, that is very unusual! I do feel a little better and will soon get me a bath and bed.

Libbi had a bad day today. She had trouble listening and had several meltdowns at school and here at home. She was in time-out a good portion of the evening. I did talk with her, and it looks like perhaps we found a reason...this is the second day this week she has been like this. We had a hunch that she was maybe waking up in the middle of the night and playing, therefore not getting enough sleep. Like her momma, the girls is CRABBY when she misses out on sleep. She has gone to bed and fallen asleep around 8 pm each night. So, I had a little talk with her tonight and she said that she is getting up to go potty in the middle of the night, then she stays awake in her room and reads. AHA! So, I told her to not do that and to go right back to sleep. She is trying very hard to not have accidents at night, so while I am very happy she is finally waking up to go potty, it appears she just doesn't know how to get herself back to sleep, or gets distracted. I am praying it is this, I don't know what else could be turning her into a terror. She is very close to losing the chance to attend her preschool graduation ceremony tomorrow night, and she knows that. I know that is a huge thing to take away from her, but her behavior is not going to be tolerated. I hope between our talk and her time-out, not playing outside, and no bedtime snack will help do the trick. PLEASE!

Abbi's progress report came today...for the first time ever she got two B's. In Math and Language Arts. She does her homework, she understands the material, but she sometimes rushes through her work at school. Dave and I both work with her on slowing down, writing neat, double checking her work and so forth.

Well, that bath sounds quite good right now. I'll update more later.

No comments: